fresh install?

Kopacetic

I am currently having trouble with Windows 10, and a lot of the helpers suggested that I do a fresh install of Windows 10. What do they mean by that?

EDIT:

Do I a reset via Windows Settings? or should I do the "Media Creation Tool" method.

i make music: http://www.soundcloud.com/kopacetic

Beets for the children.

Fresh install means that you use bootable media with Windows10 installer (custom PCs) or recovery media from manufacturer (laptops and prebuilds). It reinstalls OS and removes everything on OS drive. If you like, you can save files and settings located in Windows controlled folders (Users, Program Files and Program Data) in folder called windows.old. You can later delete that folder.

Other way to restore windows means that you will revert most recent updates and software installs.

As for how-to. I take that you haven't installed OS before. First you need to get bootable media (DVD or USB by using Media Creation Tool). Or recovery DVD if you have prebuilt/laptop. Before doing anything, make sure that you got Windows key written somewhere. There are tools like Magic Jelly Bean for retrieving key. Follow instructions on Microsofts support site if you end up using Media Creation Tool. The install process is pretty simple. Select options to install (not repair), select right drive. You can format if you don't want to save anything from that drive. Or just select and install. Windows will ask if you want to save files like said before. Then just enter your account details, set some settings etc.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I am currently having trouble with Windows 10, and a lot of the helpers suggested that I do a fresh install of Windows 10. What do they mean by that?

EDIT:

Do I a reset via Windows Settings? or should I do the "Media Creation Tool" method.

it means you boot off a usb stick with win 10 on it..delete the partitions..remake them..format them..and install windows cleanly

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile