Forgot Windows 7 Password

Æ’ender
Go to solution Solved by Gamer,

When the computer is starting and you get the black screen with the flashing cursor,spam the F8 key. This will take you to a menu where you will tell windows to start in safe mode. Once in safe mode and booted into windows, open the start button in the bottom left and in the search bar type run and hit enter. In the window that pops up delete whatever is in the box (if there is anything at all), type cmd and press enter. From there, to change a user's password, type:

net user user_name /domain (replace user_name with your user name)

When you are prompted to type a password for the user, type the new password, not the existing password. After you type the new password, the system prompts you to retype the password to confirm. The password is now changed.

Alternatively, you can type the following command:

net user user_name  new_password (replace user_name with your user name and new_password with your new password)

Now, DON'T forget it this time! :D

Hello , After my 1 Month vacation i forgot my Windows 7 Password

Any tips ? i didnt want to Reinstall my Windows 7 isnt their anyway to bypass it or reset it ? without third party programs?

Ah sorry ,without Windows 7 CD I got my Windows CD's where I work And i Only go to work in Next Monday 

Dont use a password you could forget... 

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

Hello , After my 1 Month vacation i forgot my Windows 7 Password

Any tips ? i didnt want to Reinstall my Windows 7 isnt their anyway to bypass it or reset it ? without third party programs?

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/tr-dojo/reset-windows-passwords-with-the-help-of-linux/

Without third party software? Good luck with that one.

Well without third party software or w7 dvd its kind of impossible :P

You can get rid of it quite easily with a hirens boot cd/ ultimate boot cd

Download ultimate boot cd and burn it to a cd or usb stick (http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/)

Start up from the cd/usb stick.

Go to HDD > data recovery.

Run offline NT password | registry editor.

Press enter is you get a boot: with a blinking cursor ,then wait till it is done loading.

It will now list the possible windows partition (if you only got one drive/partition then it will show the usb stick and hdd) so type the number of the partition that has the os on and press enter, press enter again if it asks what the path is of your registry.

(After this is pretty easy to just look at what it is saying on the screen, but just in case,i will type it out

Type 1 and press enter (when it gives you the options)

Type 1 and press enter again.

Then you get a list of accounts you got, ,type the name of the account you want to change and press enter

Type 1 and press enter.

Type ! and press enter.

Type q and press enter.

Type q and press enter again.

Type y and press enter.

Type n and press enter (when it asks you if you want to do a new run).

Then reboot the pc and pw should be gone .

Also, if you go into safe mode, there is an option "reset password" or something like that, it requires USB drive connected,a nd i have no clue how it works since i never used it, maybe you can give it a try.

When the computer is starting and you get the black screen with the flashing cursor,spam the F8 key. This will take you to a menu where you will tell windows to start in safe mode. Once in safe mode and booted into windows, open the start button in the bottom left and in the search bar type run and hit enter. In the window that pops up delete whatever is in the box (if there is anything at all), type cmd and press enter. From there, to change a user's password, type:

When you are prompted to type a password for the user, type the new password, not the existing password. After you type the new password, the system prompts you to retype the password to confirm. The password is now changed.

net user user_name  new_password (replace user_name with your user name and new_password with your new password)

CPU: i7-3770K 4.5Ghz @ 1.235v   CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14   Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V   Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD/Western Digital Black 1TB 7200RPM

GPU: Asus DirectCU II GTX 770 2GB   Case: Cooler Master HAF XM   PSU: Corsair AX860 Platinum   Mouse: R.A.T. 9   Keyboard: CM Storm Ultimate Quickfire Cherry MX Blue

Ty's ALOT =D