Upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro, want fresh install but lost CD Key,

Samfisher
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

So I just download the ISO from Microsoft, throw it on a USB/DVD , run installation, skip CD key part and a new one is generated, tied to my mobo?  What if I have to do it again?  I don't think my laptop has a Windows sticker on it, but I upgraded that from Win 8.1 too.

you dont download the iso, you make installation media

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

So yeah, title explains it all really.  I've got a Win 7 Pro license that I used to upgrade to Win 10 Pro when that was released but I've since had a house renovation where I've basically lost half my boxes of everything.  I no longer have my CD Key written anywhere but want a clean reinstall of my Win 10 without having to go through an upgrade.  What options are available to me?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

just install win 10 and skip the cd key part when it asks (bottom middle of the window), and then it will ask you to auto verify when you connect to the internet, and the cd key is now tied to the motherboard in win 10.

you dont need a key to clean install windows 10

just create installation media USB drive, reinstall, and it automatically activates itself

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

just install win 10 and skip the cd key part when it asks (bottom middle of the window), and then it will ask you to auto verify when you connect to the internet, and the cd key is now tied to the motherboard in win 10.

you dont need a key to clean install windows 10

just create installation media USB drive, reinstall, and it automatically activates itself

So I just download the ISO from Microsoft, throw it on a USB/DVD , run installation, skip CD key part and a new one is generated, tied to my mobo?  What if I have to do it again?  I don't think my laptop has a Windows sticker on it, but I upgraded that from Win 8.1 too.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

you dont download the iso, you make installation media

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

yes, and if you do it again its still going to detect your motherboard, because its still there, and the laptop also is the same thing.