Gigabyte Z77x-UD3H unable to access bios and stuck in a bootloop

IkaEren
Go to solution Solved by oskarha,

Oh lol, just realized I phrased it wrongly. So it's 99% confirmed that my mobo is dead since it doesn't get pass this 'north bridge initialization' and I have to get a new one?

Im not 100% shure, but its the most likely, it makes the most sense ;)

Hi,

Merry Christmas in advanced!

So recently, I just came back from my 4 days vacation and when I reached home, I turned on my computer as usual but for this time, it didn't boot up like usual. The computer keeps on restarting by itself and it was unable to show the bios screen up on the monitor. ( The computer works perfectly fine before my vacation. ) 

So I tried googling about the post code error that was popping up ( it was post code error 51 which states - memory initialization error ) , I tried to reset my CMOS settings with the button, removing all the ram and putting it in different slots. I even tried 4 of the rams with a different computer and three out of four of them works. With this in mind, I went to use another perfectly fine ram ( tested it and it works fine on another computer ) , the computer still didn't boot up.

I have no clue on what to do right now. I've practically tried everything and I've removed everything that's intact to my motherboard except the processor and the PSU. 

Here's a video of it happening ( sorry for the potato quality, but I guess the main point is delivered ) 

System Specs : 

• CPU
    Intel Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
  • RAM
    4 x 4GB Cosair Vengeance
  • GPU
    Gigabyte R9 280XOC-3GD
  • PSU
    CM 720W Silent

It'll be nice of you guys to help a poor soul out on the eve of Christmas and any ideas/advice/solutions will be nice.

Thank you :)

In your video it doesnt seem like the mobo gets further than code 15, which means "Pre-memory North-Bridge initialization is started." according to the gigabyte manual for your mobo.

Dead mobo possibly??

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

Where is your CPU cooler???

The CPU will overheat in a few seconds without a properly mounted cooler

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

In your video it doesnt seem like the mobo gets further than code 15, which means "Pre-memory North-Bridge initialization is started." according to the gigabyte manual for your mobo.

Dead mobo possibly??

Hi, I think the post cost is 51 instead of 15. Because it turns from 61 to 51. I might be wrong doe. 

Where is your CPU cooler???

The CPU will overheat in a few seconds without a properly mounted cooler

I removed it to see what's wrong with my computer. It will still not boot even with the stock/H100i cooler on unfortunately... 

I would first try with a different PSU if you have one available. I had something similar with my board and it turned out to be my PSU.

Alright, I'll try it out now and let you know in a short while ;)

Edit : A different PSU doesn't work as well. 

Hi, I think the post cost is 51 instead of 15. Because it turns from 61 to 51. I might be wrong doe. 

Im reading it as 19, then 15...but it could also be read as 61 the 51. Hard to tell whats right.

EDIT: The numbers are in italic, so with that logic it would be 19, then 15.

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

Im reading it as 19, then 15...but it could also be read as 61 the 51. Hard to tell whats right.

EDIT: The numbers are in italic, so with that logic it would be 19, then 15.

So it's possible to rule out the possibility that my mobo is dead? T.T 

Edit: Can confirm, the numbers for POST is 19 -> 15. 

So it's possible to rule out the possibility that my mobo is dead? T.T 

Probably not.

I would say that its most likely that its your mobo, as it hangs on the northbrige initialization.

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Probably not.

I would say that its most likely that its your mobo, as it hangs on the northbrige initialization.

Oh lol, just realized I phrased it wrongly. So it's 99% confirmed that my mobo is dead since it doesn't get pass this 'north bridge initialization' and I have to get a new one?

Im not 100% shure, but its the most likely, it makes the most sense ;)

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Im not 100% shure, but its the most likely, it makes the most sense  ;)

Haha, I'm gonna send it to warranty. Thank you for your help :)