Monitor won't display correct contrast

Matsy

Hey, my BenQ monitor (in sig) is a VA panel monitor I love it to bits, but the contrast on everything other than games and video is horrible.

I also have an Asus monitor (in sig) running as a secondary monitor.

I have adjusted both monitors using both the monitor settings themselves and nvidia control panel to add more vibrancy and contrast to both monitors to what I feel is a good balance.

Anyway.....the BenQ monitor has a issue with the contrast ratio on certain content.

When a movie is open with any video software (VLC or some other program) the contrast is perfect, excellent black levels.

Same for games, black levels are very nice.

However, when I have any other program up, most notable browsers, the contrast ratio dips, and the entire image becomes faded to a point where my Asus monitor which is a normal cheap panel has better black levels than my BenQ, so I end up having to use other things on that monitor, which is an annoyance when I want to watch a youtube video on my bigger screen.

My Asus monitor has no such issue and the contrast is the same no matter what is on the screen, the problem is only with the benq.

TL:TR : My benq monitor's contrast is not applying to anything outside of VLC/games and I don't know what is wrong.

I've tried everything to try to get it to work, reset the settings multiple times and nothing works, even tried a clean re-install of windows and reseting the monitor back to default settings in the menu's, did nothing....

PS: I use Color Profile Keeper to load my nvidia control panel changes on start-up, even with that gone, the contrast is still low outside of games/vlc

Thanks!

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

bump :/

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B