Problem with gamepads

amr sameh
Go to solution Solved by Akiyo,

On topic: To get any off-brand controller to work properly, there is 2 solution:

A. (Highly recommended) Use xbox360ce, its a proxy to emulate any controller into a xbox controller (that have native support in most games) - it has an interface that can remap your buttons.

B. For games that allows custom mapping, you can disable the gamepad from the game entirely and use something like joy2key to map your gamepad to keyboard buttons and play with those instead.

Off topic: I own a DS3 and DS4 and I use them through SCPServer. Its a much more elegant wrapper that can setup to run as a background service. Motioninjoy have some nasty habits and in-app ads, plus its just really screams troublesome in all corners - there are 2 alternative wrapper for that too, but in general its driver is just wonky. SCPServer handles wire/bluetooth and driver installation a lot better. (Automatic pair to bluetooth when you have both the controller and bluetooth dongle plugged in.)

Controller is always a preference thing, and everyone's hands are slightly different, if you like it, that's awesome, no need to crucify or ridicule someone else for not liking the same thing. I had bad experience with xbox360 controllers, and the Logitech F310 while very durable, I just don't feel comfortable holding it over 30-40minutes, while I can happily hold my DS3 for 4-5 hours Monster Hunter sessions. 

So i've bought cheap gamepads and i have a problem with them. Playing fifa on pc, the right analog stick doesnt seem to work. The L1,L2 buttons are inverted, so are the R1, R2 buttons. Select and start as well. Any help on how to optimize them, remap or just fix them? Oh this problem isnt just with my controllers. I've encountered many people with the same problem in the same buttons.

Thanks in advance.

We need to know what gamepad it is.

I just use a Dualshock 3 and BetterDS3. Works on all games. Plus it's a great controller. (Way better than the xbawx controller)

I laugh at that

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I just use a Dualshock 3 and BetterDS3. Works on all games. Plus it's a great controller. (Way better than the xbawx controller)

I have to agree with you, I've always preferred the Dualshock controllers. I tried Motioninjoy and BetterDS3 and couldn't get them to work. I found a better solution with SCP DS3 - works really well.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

We need to know what gamepad it is.

It's just a chinese knockoff. If you insist I will try to find the packaging, it may have the name. 

It's just a chinese knockoff. If you insist I will try to find the packaging, it may have the name. 

You may want to look into the solutions that the other members brought up in the replies above, then. You may not have official (or good) driver support.

I always happen to find the xbox controllers better. I only bought this knockoff chinese controller as I had no money. Now i'm looking to buy the xb 360 controller, xb1, or the dualshock 4. I just wanna play with this shitty one I have unitl I buy the better ones.

I use a PS4 controller with Inputmapper. The PS4 controller works with most games by default, if there's some buttons that aren't configure right with no way to reconfigure them or if the game doesn't use the PS4 controller by default. I use inputmapper and it emulates the xbox controller with the added support of making the touch pad be like a track pad. 

Top kek. God bless you.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Ok, I'm going to say this before people start arguing:

It's all about preference. I prefer the Dualshock 3 controller. I've always liked the PS contollers in general (because they've always been the same). The new controller is nice, but has some issues.

To be honest I would like the xbox controller a lot more if the analog sticks were similar to the dualshocks.

I'll also try to be civil, the reason I dislike the ps3 controller is the stick layout as I have larger hands and If I use that controller for more than 30min I get carpal tunnel symptoms, as for the sticks themselves I like the concave design on the 360 as my thumbs tend to slide off convex sticks unless they have a grip ring. But the beautiful thing is that the pc master race can choose their controls  :D

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

On topic: To get any off-brand controller to work properly, there is 2 solution:

A. (Highly recommended) Use xbox360ce, its a proxy to emulate any controller into a xbox controller (that have native support in most games) - it has an interface that can remap your buttons.

B. For games that allows custom mapping, you can disable the gamepad from the game entirely and use something like joy2key to map your gamepad to keyboard buttons and play with those instead.

Off topic: I own a DS3 and DS4 and I use them through SCPServer. Its a much more elegant wrapper that can setup to run as a background service. Motioninjoy have some nasty habits and in-app ads, plus its just really screams troublesome in all corners - there are 2 alternative wrapper for that too, but in general its driver is just wonky. SCPServer handles wire/bluetooth and driver installation a lot better. (Automatic pair to bluetooth when you have both the controller and bluetooth dongle plugged in.)

Controller is always a preference thing, and everyone's hands are slightly different, if you like it, that's awesome, no need to crucify or ridicule someone else for not liking the same thing. I had bad experience with xbox360 controllers, and the Logitech F310 while very durable, I just don't feel comfortable holding it over 30-40minutes, while I can happily hold my DS3 for 4-5 hours Monster Hunter sessions. 

Steam controller comes out in a month, might solve your problems or be terrible. No way to know till we see it.