Undervolting - looking for someone with experience

Sauron

Hi everyone!

In the past few weeks I started experimenting with undervolting my gpu (full specs of my system in my profile page) and so far the results have been promising. It's currently running at -31mv no problem, and the temperatures as well as power consumption (the second not being a big deal) have certainly benefitted from it. This is the first time I attempt something like that, and while I understand the basic theory, it would still be nice to get some insight from people with more experience than me. I would like to bring it further down if possible, but at the same time I don't really feel like having to restart my pc every 10 minutes or sit through 20 minutes of valley to check if every new setting is stable. So I was wondering, how much should I lower it at a time to not risk too much, but not take all day either? If there even IS rule of thumb for this sort of thing, that is.

Thanks for any insight!

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Any time you lower the the voltage you will need to do some testing to ensure it is "stable", no way around that, so if you don't have the time leave it at the -31mv

I would not go any lower than -31mv without a custom BIOS and if you do a custom BIOS just remember to flash the original BIOS when you do a driver update, bricking is 80% sure to happen if you don't.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Any time you lower the the voltage you will need to do some testing to ensure it is "stable", no way around that, so if you don't have the time leave it at the -31mv

I would not go any lower than -31mv without a custom BIOS and if you do a custom BIOS just remember to flash the original BIOS when you do a driver update, bricking is 80% sure to happen if you don't.

Thanks! I don't really intend to flash a custom bios for something like this, although if I ever decide to at least my card has a dual bios switch.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*