Compilation of all the problem's i have posted on here that still need help with

logan

TVs marked as HD Ready can accept a higher than native resolution signal and downsample it to fit on the screen. It was fairly common to have HD ready TVs that were 720p or 768p screens that would accept a 1080p signal then downscale it down to native. Downsampling an image that isn't a factor of 4 results in the image being aliased or fuzzy. The TV is not 1080p, it merely accepts 1080p signal and downsamples it.

TVs marked as HD Ready can accept a higher than native resolution signal and downsample it to fit on the screen. It was fairly common to have HD ready TVs that were 720p or 768p screens that would accept a 1080p signal then downscale it down to native. Downsampling an image that isn't a factor of 4 results in the image being aliased or fuzzy. The TV is not 1080p, it merely accepts 1080p signal and downsamples it.

im not that smart, so i dont know if your telling me a way to get my screen to work at 1920 again or not? lol

THAT MOMENT YOU DISASSEMBLE YOUR COMPUTER....AND REASSEMBLE IT ....JUST SO SENPAI WILL NOTICE YOU

im not that smart, so i dont know if your telling me a way to get my screen to work at 1920 again or not? lol

He's trying to tell you that your screen never worked at 1920x1080. It took the 1080 and made it 1360x768. It only seemed like it did, but actually downsampled.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

He's trying to tell you that your screen never worked at 1920x1080. It took the 1080 and made it 1360x768. It only seemed like it did, but actually downsampled.

so when all my games said they were running at 1920 they were lieing and my computer and monitor saying they were running at 1920 were lieing? lol well even if it was, i would like that back , i had so much room for my shortcuts and all that

THAT MOMENT YOU DISASSEMBLE YOUR COMPUTER....AND REASSEMBLE IT ....JUST SO SENPAI WILL NOTICE YOU

so when all my games said they were running at 1920 they were lieing and my computer and monitor saying they were running at 1920 were lieing? lol well even if it was, i would like that back , i had so much room for my shortcuts and all that

your PC was still outputting a 1920x1080 signal, but the tv was shrinking it because it physically does not have 1920 pixels across the top of the screen by 1080 pixels up the screen.

The output resolution was 1080. Your monitor only displays 1360x768, so i was downsampled.

Analogy:

Playing back 4k video on youtube when you only have an 1440p display. Its not actually 4k because the native resolution of the monitor is less than that.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

The output resolution was 1080. Your monitor only displays 1360x768, so i was downsampled.

Analogy:

Playing back 4k video on youtube when you only have an 1440p display. Its not actually 4k because the native resolution of the monitor is less than that.

your PC was still outputting a 1920x1080 signal, but the tv was shrinking it because it physically does not have 1920 pixels across the top of the screen by 1080 pixels up the screen.

ok, so is there a way, to do that again, cause when i try now...it don't fit....like in the screenshots i put up....

Go to Nvidia control manage 3d settings. Enable DSR to 4.00x and set smoothness to 0.

Run Windows desktop at 2732 x 1536p.

Run Minecraft at 2732 x 1536p.

This should result in a sharper image and no aliasing since the resolution is in a factor of 4 from the native. The UI will be cramped though.

post-165866-0-68219000-1441346200_thumb.

Go to Nvidia control manage 3d settings. Enable DSR to 4.00x and set smoothness to 0.

Run Windows desktop at 2732 x 1536p.

Run Minecraft at 2732 x 1536p.

This should result in a sharper image and no aliasing since the resolution is in a factor of 4 from the native. The UI will be cramped though.

attachicon.gifUntitled2.jpg

umm...im looking at my DSR ...and its already at 4....was it sposed to be at 4? ummmm....do i still go along with the process you told me? 

umm...im looking at my DSR ...and its already at 4....was it sposed to be at 4? ummmm....do i still go along with the process you told me? 

Yes, doesn't hurt to try.

Yes, doesn't hurt to try.

i tried it, it all fits but everything is like...to small...and you cant read anything cause text is to small

i tried it, it all fits but everything is like...to small...and you cant read anything cause text is to small

That's the nearest resolution that demonstrates good downsampling, doesn't result in a lot of aliasing / blurriness. But it will make the UI small.

You can go back and try DSR 1.2 and DSR 1.5 which give ~1639 x 921p and 2049 x 1152p.

Then try smoothness between 5-20% to get rid of the aliasing. Maybe try 2049 x 1152 at 10% smoothness.

That's the nearest resolution that demonstrates good downsampling, doesn't result in a lot of aliasing / blurriness. But it will make the UI small.

You can go back and try DSR 1.2 and DSR 1.5 which give ~1639 x 921p and 2049 x 1152p.

Then try smoothness between 5-20% to get rid of the aliasing. Maybe try 2049 x 1152 at 10% smoothness.

I don't have the same numbers as you do? 

post-113807-0-32120400-1441347649.png

post-113807-0-89368300-1441347649.png

post-113807-0-32120400-1441347649.png

post-113807-0-89368300-1441347649.png

I don't have the same numbers as you do? 

Try the 1666x941 with 15% smoothness then.

eh its not perfect, idk ill probably stick with 1360 unless i can get it perfect, so what does smoothness do ? and these are the options i have 

post-113807-0-24211600-1441348129.png

eh its not perfect, idk ill probably stick with 1360 unless i can get it perfect, so what does smoothness do ? and these are the options i have 

Smoothness works similar to FXAA as far as I can tell. The exact mechanics behind it I don't know but I can say it does add blur to image to hide issues with aliasing. Smoothness being too high makes the image way too blurry and smoothness being off results in aliasing* (*If the DSR is set to 4.00x then aliasing does not occur so smoothness can be set to 0.) You can see how smoothness effects the picture here with the interactive button under the image, just note 3840 is the 4.00x of 1920 so their 0% does not have aliasing while any other factor does.

http://techreport.com/review/27102/maxwell-dynamic-super-resolution-explored/4

Edit: The blur added in is most notable on the hood.

Smoothness works similar to FXAA as far as I can tell. The exact mechanics behind it I don't know but I can say it does add blur to image to hide issues with aliasing. Smoothness being too high makes the image way too blurry and smoothness being off results in aliasing* (*If the DSR is set to 4.00x then aliasing does not occur so smoothness can be set to 0.) You can see how smoothness effects the picture here with the interactive button under the image, just note 3840 is the 4.00x of 1920 so their 0% does not have aliasing while any other factor does.

http://techreport.com/review/27102/maxwell-dynamic-super-resolution-explored/4

Edit: The blur added in is most notable on the hood.

ok, i guess ill just use this monitor at the 1360...or i might lower it to 1280...for better game settings...but idk, either way thanks for your help bro

ok, i guess ill just use this monitor at the 1360...or i might lower it to 1280...for better game settings...but idk, either way thanks for your help bro

I would use recommend 1366 x 768 for best image quality. The 970 should easily be able to handle it. I also recommend to set VBOs on in Minecraft. I've also found lighting drastically reduces FPS in Minecraft. Vsync off and then set framerate cap at 120. You might get the occasional screen tear but the jutter from sub 60 fps drops should disappear.

I would use recommend 1366 x 768 for best image quality. The 970 should easily be able to handle it. I also recommend to set VBOs on in Minecraft. I've also found lighting drastically reduces FPS in Minecraft. Vsync off and then set framerate cap at 120. You might get the occasional screen tear but the jutter from sub 60 fps drops should disappear.

idk what VBO's are, also i have optofine installed...and everything on max....and i get like 200-300 fps...even when i limit that...oor change everything to low....i still have bad chunck loading

idk what VBO's are, also i have optofine installed...and everything on max....and i get like 200-300 fps...even when i limit that...oor change everything to low....i still have bad chunck loading

The only thing I can think of for chunk loading might be hard drive usage. Is Minecraft installed on the SSD or HDD? I have to head out for the night so take it easy.

The only thing I can think of for chunk loading might be hard drive usage. Is Minecraft installed on the SSD or HDD? I have to head out for the night so take it easy.

Its installed on my HDD, and thanks for the help, sorry for the trouble