multiplayer disconnects

Manolistech

I have many internet connection problems can someone help some how.With WoW i connect fine, but games like bo2 i can't connect to them do you know anything i can do to solve this issue. Because i built my own gaming rig and have lots of games that i cant play online, and its just a waste of money.-please help

Is the connection stable? Do you have a public ip ? What kind of a connection do you have: cable dsl fiber etc... ? Have you tried plugging the pc directly, bypassing router/modem ?

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

Is the connection stable? Do you have a public ip ? What kind of a connection do you have: cable dsl fiber etc... ? Have you tried plugging the pc directly, bypassing router/modem ?
I have ethernet connection straight to my router, i have verizon internet, i can connect to the internet just fine i have a stable connection but with games hosted by players my ping gets sooo high and i loose connection. Minecraft is a game that a person hosts it i connect to that fine but trying to play dayZ i cant see to connect long than 1 minute.

What kind of Verizon internet? DSL or FIOS? That does make a difference. DSL is crap technology now days and Verizon doesn't want to offer it any more. Have you tried connecting the modem directly to the computer?

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

What kind of Verizon internet? DSL or FIOS? That does make a difference. DSL is crap technology now days and Verizon doesn't want to offer it any more. Have you tried connecting the modem directly to the computer?
I have fios and its a router/modem in one box i have ran a ethernet cable to it so i have wired connection.

ur online anything i can i do

Im not familiar with the techniqes of checking a fios connection. With Cable internet you just log in to the modem and check signal levels. Might look for ansrews here: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzfiber. That site deals with ISP and such.

Im not familiar with the techniqes of checking a fios connection. With Cable internet you just log in to the modem and check signal levels. Might look for ansrews here: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzfiber. That site deals with ISP and such.
ok thanks i be sure to check it out, do u know anything about lowering your ping in games because i go from like 30ms to like 150ms.

It has less to do with what you can do and more on what your ISP can do. High Pings could be because of routing on the internet. Just because you have fiber doesn't mean the whole route you go thru does. Basic network dictates that your data moves as fast as the slowest device. Maybe you have a bad route some where down the line. I mean the east coast had a hurricane come thru they are still fixing network issues from that. Not sure if this helps. But I use Open DNS for my DNS servers and it seems snappyer than the Comcast ones from back in the day. Maybe trying that might help. Other than that, you might be at the mercy of your ISP.

Another thing you can try. Do a Tracert command in the command prompt to a server you are trying to connect to. for example: tracert google.com

That will show you the route the packet take to get to their destination. You can use IP address for destination. So instead of google.com put the IP address of a game server in and see what happens. For each route it will show Ping. It wont make your ping times lower but it will give you an idea where the issue is. And see if its on your ISP's network or some other network. Not all routers on the internet will respond so you might get time outs, that's normal.

Thanks but for some reason messing around with command prompt my connection has seemed to get better, thanks for all your help.

Not necessarily i know its a crap move to suggest but have u tried to reinstall your pc any time since you have had this problem?

Just suggesting this since it worked for me even after reinstalling network drivers didn't do a thing for my ping problems.

Although i do have to clear affy it was after i switched motherboards and i hadn't done a reinstall of windows since they were the same motherboard, but somehow this did trip my raid arry to be plugged in into a new motherboard.

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500