This Driver can't release to failure! Windows 10

gavanorio

Hi,

Since i update my system to Windows 10, i got that error on startup.

"This Driver can't release to failure!!"

I think that is related to my Gigabyte Motherboard's drivers, but i install all the "windows 10 versions" of the drivers and the error persist.

Same issue. Im trying to download updates through gigabyte App center now to see if that fixes it.

Same issue. Im trying to download updates through gigabyte App center now to see if that fixes it.

It worked?

I was having this same problem. I opened the App Center and went through every individual program and made sure that any check box that made the programs start on reboot was unchecked. App Center has one and the Cloud Station has 3 separate ones I believe. Not all of them have one but just make sure you check them all to be safe. Once I restarted my computer this morning the error messages were gone because those programs didn't try to start. In a few days or couple weeks I'll check again to see if there are any further updates to the programs or drivers to stop the error messages.

I was having this same problem. I opened the App Center and went through every individual program and made sure that any check box that made the programs start on reboot was unchecked. App Center has one and the Cloud Station has 3 separate ones I believe. Not all of them have one but just make sure you check them all to be safe. Once I restarted my computer this morning the error messages were gone because those programs didn't try to start. In a few days or couple weeks I'll check again to see if there are any further updates to the programs or drivers to stop the error messages.

This worked! No more pop up. Hope they update there program soon.

It's the same for me. I've searched a solution but now it appears that there is nothing out there to solve this problem. I believe that Gigabyte will come to a solution sooner or later. I don't understant why a big brand like them didn't anticipate to the release of Windows 10 and updated their motherboard apps.

The problem is app center it self, I had to unistall it and all of the gigabiyte aplications in order to stop the error pop-up screen, I'm Waiting for gigabyte update.

It's the same for me. I've searched a solution but now it appears that there is nothing out there to solve this problem. I believe that Gigabyte will come to a solution sooner or later. I don't understant why a big brand like them didn't anticipate to the release of Windows 10 and updated their motherboard apps.

I guess they asume most of their clients will not update in an early stage on WinOS realease...  :(

Found this fix related to a similar problem on Win7: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/38248-63-open-device-failure-open-driver-handle-failure-gigabyte

1.) Right-click the Start button and select "Command Prompt (Admin)"

2.) Copy/Paste and press Enter: sc delete gdrv

3.) Copy/Paste and press Enter: sc create gdrv binPath= "C:\Windows\gdrv.sys" type= "kernel" DisplayName= "gdrv"

Reboot and see if that resolves it.

• 4 weeks later...

I had success just deleting the cloud storage app from Gigabyte.  I still get the error message when I manually check for updates within the Gigabyte App center, so you might also try setting the "Update Schedule" to off under the gear icon.

They finally put out an update, but it fails the update every time. Is anyone else having this problem?

• 3 weeks later...

I also have the same problem , when I run my pc "This driver can not release to failure" I reinstalled everything but when I run live update --- > Error ! I'm still looking if I find I keep you posted ! 

P.s : sorry for my english ...