What VCCIN voltage should I use and what does it mean?

Does VCCIN mean CPU Input Voltage? My friend told to set it to 1.8v for my i5 4690k...

Pretty sure yea.

It should be around 1.8v by default anyway.

Don't adjust a ton of things unless you have problems, your goal should be to adjust as few things as possible at first to get your overclock stable.

Just disable all power saving and increase vcore and multiplier at first, no need to fuck with everything else.

VCCIN is input voltage, it's the voltage that affects the VRM's on Haswell.

once you go past about 1.4v on the core you should bump your VCCIN upto 1.9 in a safe setting.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Does VCCIN mean CPU Input Voltage? My friend told to set it to 1.8v for my i5 4690k...

The Key Lesson: VCCIN = +0.4 VCore

Intel defines the VCCIN specification (called the ‘Eventual CPU input voltage’ in the ROG BIOS) in relation to CPU Vcore as follows:

• Less than 0.4V – not recommended. Instability is almost guaranteed
  • 0.4V – ideal value
  • 0.4-0.6V – general ‘OK’ range
  • Above 0.6V – not recommend as long-term damage can occur
  • Generally speaking, higher VCCIN can cause a higher CPU temperature

As all 5 internal power rails are pulled from the single VCCIN, below 0.4V difference is not recommended as high loading on the;input voltage will cause a voltage drop that can lead to it being lower than the internal voltages. This will cause the system to lock-up. Above the safe range can cause long-term damage due to a larger than necessary potential difference. This is the same reasoning why DDR3 voltage should not exceed 1.5V, as the CPU Uncore can be damaged.

so....1.8v is excessive unless you run your CPU at around 1.4v on the Vcore (which i doubt...you should aim for 1.3v or less...idealy around 1.2v Vcore and 1.6v Vccin is where you want to be.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

• 4 years later...

Hello guys can u help me i am using z87 k and for some reason my pc giving asus surge protect error with cpu over voltage i check bios and found in monitoring that my cpu voltage or as u say vccin is red marked and has reading 4.08 v there are also other red marks all the voltages are spiked.. plis help

20191210_122702.jpg

Edited by hassam ur rehman