Ncase M1 airflow

Hi!

I'd like to build a machine in an Ncase M1 with:

• A noctua NH-U9S cooler
  • A blower style GTX 970
  • A SilverStone SX500-LG

I would like to achieve a positive air pressure which would intake fresh air from the bottom of the case and exhaust it through the top. I believe this vertical flow would be good as it would follow and therefore be enhanced by the natural rising of warmer air.

My questions are:

• Is this vertical bottom-up airflow a good idea?
  • If so, is it ok to intstal the CPU cooler in a vertical orientation in push towards the top? 
  • Can I add a second fan in pull in the CPU cooler? (does it fit?)
  • Can I add one NF-S12A on top of the case, above the cooler (even with a second fan in pull on the CPU cooler)?
  • Can I create the positive pressure with two NF-S12A on the bottom?

Any comments and suggestions very highly appreciated!

Smaller cases are bit harder to say anything for certain. The CPU cooler orientation depends bit on your mobo. If it has one empty slot between cooler and GPU, then having cooler in horizontal orientation (blowing towards top) is more than fine. But with GPU right next to it, you might see higher temps.

3 & 4 you will need to measure by yourself if you have case. Or do some sketching and measuring using the dimensions and compatibility info at site.

The positive pressure occurs when you use more and/or higher CFM fans to intake than at exhaust.

To other things, you just have to experiment. Its not that hard to imagine airflow just from pics and drawings. At first, all air will go where fan points it. You can search for smoke machine videos and check how far fans power will be effective. But in that case there's always next fan to take air into new direction.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv