Acer Predator X34 Gsync monitor

PeggersXtreme

It's not like anyone on this forum needs it we all just want it very very badly lol. I'm going to wait probably until the asus version comes out too and pick from there. Lets hope Acer wakes up and starts putting time into their products and turns their poor QC into amazing. Lets make them work for that $1300. Also about the dream LG Gsync... after reading a couple articles it seems like LG has taken sides with amd and wont be making any gsync displays :(

Funny that you say that Intel has also jumped on the Freesync band wagon Nvidia don't really help their ideas become a standard because they charge other companies too much for them and aren't as open to sharing it I wouldn't be supprised if G-sync dies off like Physx did in time

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Funny that you say that Intel has also jumped on the Freesync band wagon Nvidia don't really help their ideas become a standard because they charge other companies too much for them and aren't as open to sharing it I wouldn't be supprised if G-sync dies off like Physx did in time

Yeah I'm actually getting pretty tired about this which side to take or get this and you get these things. It's like pre ordering a game you get different DLC from different retailers. So lame...

Yeah I'm actually getting pretty tired about this which side to take or get this and you get these things. It's like pre ordering a game you get different DLC from different retailers. So lame...

G-sync is superior to Freesync in it's technology but Freesync laughs in G-syncs face when it comes to practicality I mean you don't lose any other ports like HDMI and DVI which in some respects makes Free-sync the better option I wish Nvidia would support both or let AMD use G-sync and find a way to get the G-sync chip into monitors without losing all the other ports and requiring extra scalers cant be that difficult if freesync is doing it and I was told theres a hack to make Nvidia cards work with Freesync do you know if this is true?

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

G-sync is superior to Freesync in it's technology but Freesync laughs in G-syncs face when it comes to practicality I mean you don't lose any other ports like HDMI and DVI which in some respects makes Free-sync the better option I wish Nvidia would support both or let AMD use G-sync and find a way to get the G-sync chip into monitors without losing all the other ports and requiring extra scalers cant be that difficult if freesync is doing it and I was told theres a hack to make Nvidia cards work with Freesync do you know if this is true?

I wouldn't really know.. your guess is as good as mine, I'm just a gamer here lol

It isn't a "True" 4k but people generally say anything at this range is 4k.

2nd only the Display Port will have the Capability of getting up to 100hz.  The way it does this is through the G-sync chip, which gives it the extra boost.  The HDMI will only be able to get to 60hz, but you would be able to turn on the ULMB at that range which helps.

I don't think this monitor has ULMB.

CPU i7 4790 | Motherboard  ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII | RAM 16 GB Trident X @ 2400 Mhz | GPU Titan X | Case NZXT Phantom 530 | Storage Samsung EVO 840 1 TB SSD, 2 Seagate 150 GB HDD, 1 External 3 GB Seagate HDD | PSU Corsair HX 1050 | Cooling Zalman Copper 2 ball | Keyboard  Logitech G710+ | Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound: Creative Z | Operating System  Windows 10

Yeah My bad I read that review wrong. I thought it was disabled when g-sync was on like the ROG Swift and others.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

Canada apparently is expecting these mid October.. we'll see.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

TFT confirms new firmware patch has resolved colour banding issue:  http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_predator_x34.htm

All previous models in Germany can be RMA'd.  All new monitors to be released late this month and into October will have the Firmware patch.

Very happy.

TFT confirms new firmware patch has resolved colour banding issue:  http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_predator_x34.htm

All previous models in Germany can be RMA'd.  All new monitors to be released late this month and into October will have the Firmware patch.

Very happy.

Watch out, it might not have the firmware on it, the UK stock just got delayed for another 2 weeks

hi there

Stock arrived in UK, but Acer have pulled it to have the firmware upgrade done, so will be about another two weeks I believe to sort this first batch with firmware upgrade.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18687741&page=11

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Excellent news!

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Second week of October I'm hoping for Canada, at least according to Acer.

I managed to grab my G.Skill KM780 RGB Red Cherry keyboard pre-order today!

Wondering if the price difference between this and the Benq xr3501 would be worth sacrificing resolution for refresh rate?

Wondering if the price difference between this and the Benq xr3501 would be worth sacrificing resolution for refresh rate?

In my opinion the benq doesn't have a high enough resolution nor does it have Gsync the Acer will be better 100hz with Gsync will feel way better than 144hz without source: I tried it out in my Acer XB270HU before I had to send it back

Custom PC:

In my opinion the benq doesn't have a high enough resolution nor does it have Gsync the Acer will be better 100hz with Gsync will feel way better than 144hz without source: I tried it out in my Acer XB270HU before I had to send it back

Thanks for the advice. I'll go with the Acer x34. Or should I wait for the Asus pg348q?

Thanks for the advice. I'll go with the Acer x34. Or should I wait for the Asus pg348q?

Tbh the Acer and Asus are going to be very similar both use the same LG panel and are both 100hz probably best to choose on price and style with that one the Asus does look a lot nicer but is also rumoured to cost a few hundred more I personally can't decide whether to get the Acer x34 or a 1440p 144hz 16:9 panel Gsync combined with 144hz is buttery smooth so tempted to go 144hz 1080p surround with Gsync for a little less than the Acer lol

Custom PC:

Watch out, it might not have the firmware on it, the UK stock just got delayed for another 2 weeks

hi there

Stock arrived in UK, but Acer have pulled it to have the firmware upgrade done, so will be about another two weeks I believe to sort this first batch with firmware upgrade.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18687741&page=11

This is very possible.  Acer has stated the the first stock of Germany will be RMA'd but  any after that will have the full firmware patch in place before it goes to market.

AMD's pulling the same stunt though because while the VESA standard is free, only AMD cards will work with Freesync. Trying to get Nvidia cards to work with Freesync is a labor onto itself. Some people have been successful getting mobile Nvidia GPU's to work. It seems like a firmware issue.

Is it out yet??

Is it out yet??

No idea I have been avoiding the forums and tech news last few days as I wont be able to buy any new tech for a while now :(

Custom PC:

No idea I have been avoiding the forums and tech news last few days as I wont be able to buy any new tech for a while now :(

What did you wind up getting? @PeggersXtreme

What did you wind up getting? @PeggersXtreme

Nothing in the end gonna have to stick with my HP monitor for now.

Custom PC:

Nothing in the end gonna have to stick with my HP monitor for now.

:(