Acer Predator X34 Gsync monitor

PeggersXtreme

I bet it feels nice. I'm not much of fps player. I like playing skyrim and rpg type games. I'm only kinda worried about when battlefront comes out if I'm going to regret getting a 60hz monitor when that is an fps game >.<

I'm in the same boat. Things like Fallout, etc. will definitely have us wishing we had higher refresh rates. :/

I bet it feels nice. I'm not much of fps player. I like playing skyrim and rpg type games. I'm only kinda worried about when battlefront comes out if I'm going to regret getting a 60hz monitor when that is an fps game >.<

Yeah to be honest I'm more of a single player gamer myself. I'll play some multiplayer fps here and there but nothing beats games like dark souls, the witcher, metal gear, dragon age, mass effect, fallout etc etc etc for me. I'm a big fan of narrative driven games, open world's and good game mechanics.

I must have an eye problem turn monitor down to 60hz no difference, turn G-sync off no difference the biggest difference to me is the extra 30 pixels per inch.

That LG is looking even more likely for me.

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

I must have an eye problem turn monitor down to 60hz no difference, turn G-sync off no difference the biggest difference to me is the extra 30 pixels per inch.

That LG is looking even more likely for me.

this motherfucker has the acer x34 running @ 100hz... and 100hz on desktop too

im guessing they got pulled back and delayed because not everyone was getting an exact 100hz overclock...  thats GOOD THAT ACER CARES

thought i let you know

What?! You don't see a difference between gsync on and off or the difference between 144Hz and 60hz ? That's nuts bro lol

I take it back 100% ouch my eyes what is this 60hz rubbish I cant go back to 60hz now wow it looked so choppy the reason it looked ok to start with was because I didn't re-launch the game after re-launching it was running at solid 60 fps and man it looks horrific

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

I take it back 100% ouch my eyes what is this 60hz rubbish I cant go back to 60hz now wow it looked so choppy the reason it looked ok to start with was because I didn't re-launch the game after re-launching it was running at solid 60 fps and man it looks horrific

Now I never want to pop my 144hz cherry  :lol:

Trust me either stick with 60hz or go 144hz for life I think i'm stuck now with either getting another XB270HU or risking it and going X34

Custom PC:

I played another match and my eye re-adjusted back to 60hz but I see what people say about 60hz looking jittery if I were to describe it I would say it looks like a slide show being fast-forwarded

Custom PC:

I played another match and my eye re-adjusted back to 60hz but I see what people say about 60hz looking jittery if I were to describe it I would say it looks like a slide show being fast-forwarded

Takes time to get to 60hz again but after a few hours you should be alright if you decide upon the LG

this motherfucker has the acer x34 running @ 100hz... and 100hz on desktop too

im guessing they got pulled back and delayed because not everyone was getting an exact 100hz overclock...  thats GOOD THAT ACER CARES

thought i let you know

You really think ACER will improve this monitor. I think the German retailer company has got priority on it, also it has only been delayed in the UK

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Yeah, I just looked at your ASUS PG348Q post, I will cancel my ACER Predator X34 monitor and pre order the ASUS PG348Q now

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

You really think ACER will improve this monitor. I think the German retailer company has got priority on it, also it has only been delayed in the UK

For sure. 

This was a very local hardware BETA test, as the guy on the other thread explained.

I have no problems with that. Let them fix all their shit and when they are ready release a 100hz gsync widescreen.

Dont underestimate the power of NUMBERS over people.

100hz sounds really good - they`ll probably try to make that a default without overclocking even.

For sure. 

This was a very local hardware BETA test, as the guy on the other thread explained.

I have no problems with that. Let them fix all their shit and when they are ready release a 100hz gsync widescreen.

100hz sounds really good - they`ll probably try to make that a default without overclocking even.

They cannot do a Beta test without telling customers first, I think the German retailer has priority on the monitor like OCUK do on the new ASUS RoG monitors.

Have you not seen the trailer/commercial for the X34 it says in that video overclock upto 100hz

Custom PC:

For sure.

We meet again, haha. I know we're excited but I don't think Acer is going to fix enough units for people to change their minds on the X34. Yes, the very early batches are a poor excuse for not getting this monitor since they still have to work out kinks but Acer, and quite frankly a lot of Taiwanese manufacturers don't give a shit about the customer and want to make the sale and be done with you. I hardly think this is going to be successful in the long run as well as the Asus until they start using their own custom made panels or going with Samsung or Dell or something.

We meet again, haha. I know we're excited but I don't think Acer is going to fix enough units for people to change their minds on the X34. Yes, the very early batches are a poor excuse for not getting this monitor since they still have to work out kinks but Acer, and quite frankly a lot of Taiwanese manufacturers don't give a shit about the customer and want to make the sale and be done with you. I hardly think this is going to be successful in the long run as well as the Asus until they start using their own custom made panels or going with Samsung or Dell or something.

Haha, sup bro!

Those 20 units or something that appeared in Germany are now all recalled.

This monitor isnt released yet.

"people" and their "opinions" can go fuck themselves... its just talking out the ass at this point

Haha, sup bro!

Those 20 units or something that appeared in Germany are now all recalled.

This monitor isnt released yet.

"people" and their "opinions" can go fuck themselves... its just talking out the ass at this point

Source for the recall? This might steer me from getting a XB270HU replacement. And wait for the X34

Also anyone know if 1440p provides more viewing than 1080p or do you see the same amount just more clearly?

Custom PC:

Oh damn really?!?! I guess there's still hope yet... Did you guys also hear about how the Asus version might come out this December?

Oh damn really?!?! I guess there's still hope yet... Did you guys also hear about how the Asus version might come out this December?

Yeah I posted about it being available for pre-order in the UK but its £200-£300 ($300-$450) more than the Acer and has the exact same panel just a different stand. But if acer have recalled maybe they are going to fix all the issues with the X34 and then Re-release but I wouldn't be surprized if they push back to December now and have a Head to head release with Asus

Custom PC:

Source for the recall? This might steer me from getting a XB270HU replacement. And wait for the X34

Also anyone know if 1440p provides more viewing than 1080p or do you see the same amount just more clearly?

I dont have a source, it just looks like a quiet recall. Im sure there is a source posted somewhere even.

@ higher res you see the same stuff, but more clearly.

21:9 and wider aspect ratios is the ONLY way to actually see more.

I dont have a source, it just looks like a quiet recall. Im sure there is a source posted somewhere even.

Ok so do you lose some vertical space in games with 21:9 I saw a video on YouTube of 21:9 compared to 16:9 and the 21:9 cut the top of building off but you got more horizontal field of view the main game I noticed it in was watch dogs probably because it was made by Ubisoft sorry all Ubisoft fans but its true here's the video

Surely vertical space should be identical even in games cause they are both same resolution high?

Custom PC:

They cant have all been recalled alternate are still selling them surely they would have to stop selling them if it was a recall?

Custom PC:

@Ryzone have you decided which monitor your gonna get?

Custom PC:

@Ryzone have you decided which monitor your gonna get?

No not yet. I want to get an ultrawide... but now im wondering if I should just get a 27" 144hz gsync