Acer Predator X34 Gsync monitor

PeggersXtreme

Do you think I will get more enjoyment out of a 144hz 1440p 16:9 I can't go back to 60hz now I have experienced 144hz :) Really wanted to try Ultrawide but 60hz isn't worth the trade off imo

Just wait the two months or whatever....

The acer x34 will be 100hz and the choice to make will be crystal clear.

Just wait the two months or whatever....

The acer x34 will be 100hz and the choice to make will be crystal clear.

I don't know why you keep pushing the 100hz thing. We're all excited for it, but give it a break. Acer clearly said "up to" for a reason. They don't expect every monitor to go up to 100hz. I'll eat my words when they update their Gsync module in the next month or so when Nvidia releases a driver update but as of right now, not everyone is able to do that. 

It's my speculation that this all has to do with the Gsync module and then compressing and doing some other shenanigans to try to get the 100hz by cutting out bandwidth lanes, compressing colors, etc. It's supposed to be a 8 bit panel + FRC but some people are having so many issues with blue banding that it seems like they downed it to 6 bit which is unacceptable for this price range. You'd be willing to give up the integrity of your colors for a fast refresh rate monitor? If that's the case you'd be better off with a TN swift. At least Asus has it's shit together more or less.

I don't know why you keep pushing the 100hz thing. We're all excited for it, but give it a break. Acer clearly said "up to" for a reason. They don't expect every monitor to go up to 100hz. I'll eat my words when they update their Gsync module in the next month or so when Nvidia releases a driver update but as of right now, not everyone is able to do that. 

It's my speculation that this all has to do with the Gsync module and then compressing and doing some other shenanigans to try to get the 100hz by cutting out bandwidth lanes, compressing colors, etc. It's supposed to be a 8 bit panel + FRC but some people are having so many issues with blue banding that it seems like they downed it to 6 bit which is unacceptable for this price range. You'd be willing to give up the integrity of your colors for a fast refresh rate monitor? If that's the case you'd be better off with a TN swift. At least Asus has it's shit together more or less.

Yeah I 100% agree it is up to 100hz even acers official youtube commercial says so

they aren't gonna remake the whole trailer and all those people who bought it in Germany would be pretty p*ssed at acer if acer went and completely re-vamped the whole monitor after they went and spent 1000+ euros on the thing.

Re-Think: Actually the trailer even says Overclock to 100hz so couldn't acer get done for false advertising here.

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Also has there been news about them updating the G-sync module then? And recalls I couldnt find a single source about any recalls on the German Released ones anyway.

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Oh wow just came across something really interesting even Alternate has removed it from their website now they were the only store in europe to already have the monitor in stock.

Custom PC:

Also has there been news about them updating the G-sync module then? And recalls I couldnt find a single source about any recalls on the German Released ones anyway.

It's not official, more hearsay by OCN but they state because Asus is going for 165hz on their upcoming monitor then it makes sense that Acer is waiting to release till October so it's in line when Nvidia decides to release a driver update to their Gsync module. Nvidia has to be a good partner because they're trying to sell a product here, their Gsync module, so therefore it makes sense if two companies right now are trying to achieve higher refresh rates that they need to do something on their end. Hopefully, this means good news for both Acer and Asus in the future. 

If it does turn out to be true it could mean Acer could release a revision 2 to their monitor but if it's PCB related why they're getting bad banding, then we're shit out of luck.

It's not official, more hearsay by OCN but they state because Asus is going for 165hz on their upcoming monitor then it makes sense that Acer is waiting to release till October so it's in line when Nvidia decides to release a driver update to their Gsync module. Nvidia has to be a good partner because they're trying to sell a product here, their Gsync module, so therefore it makes sense if two companies right now are trying to achieve higher refresh rates that they need to do something on their end. Hopefully, this means good news for both Acer and Asus in the future. 

If it does turn out to be true it could mean Acer could release a revision 2 to their monitor but if it's PCB related why they're getting bad banding, then we're shit out of luck.

I might as well wait till October before deciding what to do I mean its like 2-3 week wait nothing major long even if I just end up waiting for news, I want to make sure I make the right choice as it will be at least 2 years till I get to upgrade monitor again.

At least I know one thing I will be getting till more news is released on this monitor, lots of head aches from 60hz xD

Custom PC:

What I want to see in the future is a OLED 3440x1440 144hz G-sync and Freesync monitor all in one package 100% the perfect monitor and it would be 36" :P

Custom PC:

Release date is the 9th of October for the UK only OverclockersUK dont seem to be getting it till Novemeber maybe they didn't want to stock the first batch.

Custom PC:

So basically it is the ROG Swift that I have currently with 165 Hz instead of 144.

AND the big thing is IPS vs the TN I have.

I love my ROG Swift.  If i didn't have it I would consider this as a replacement, tho I still am liking the curved 34in, g-sync with 100Hz. :)

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

So basically it is the ROG Swift that I have currently with 165 Hz instead of 144.

AND the big thing is IPS vs the TN I have.

I love my ROG Swift.  If i didn't have it I would consider this as a replacement, tho I still am liking the curved 34in, g-sync with 100Hz. :)

I personally think the asking price is a bit high all you get extra is a IPS panel and 21hz overclock not really worth £300 more in my opinion other people may think differently

Custom PC:

XB270HU boxed up ready to be returned back using my old 60hz monitor and it looks tiny in comparison :( it's not bad for a TN though

post-179175-0-44878600-1442433816_thumb.

Custom PC:

Review is up:  http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_predator_x34.htm

Few notes..

- Yes the blues are an issue with the panel and they are waiting to see what ACER is going to do about it.

- They saw very limited backlight bleed and think people might be mistakenly seeing IPS Glow which is natural in all IPS monitors.

- They experienced no coil whine.  There is a very slight hum but it is at any refresh rate and has nothing to do with the G-sync module, but they say you have to be very close to it to notice.

- Their montor reached 100Hz no issues and zero dropped frames

Bottom line they said that the blue banding needs to be fixed and are awaiting ACERs response. They said that there may be some IPS glow, but that happens to all IPS monitors and since it is curved it may be more prominent, but during most day to day usage it is not perceptible.   They don't think the default 60Hz with the warning to OC to 100Hz will be an issure but have reached out to Acer for clarification.  Overall they realy liked their monitor.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Review is up:  http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_predator_x34.htm

Few notes..

- Yes the blues are an issue with the panel and they are waiting to see what ACER is going to do about it.

- They saw very limited backlight bleed and think people might be mistakenly seeing IPS Glow which is natural in all IPS monitors.

- They experienced no coil whine.  There is a very slight hum but it is at any refresh rate and has nothing to do with the G-sync module, but they say you have to be very close to it to notice.

- Their montor reached 100Hz no issues and zero dropped frames

Bottom line they said that the blue banding needs to be fixed and are awaiting ACERs response. They said that there may be some IPS glow, but that happens to all IPS monitors and since it is curved it may be more prominent, but during most day to day usage it is not perceptible.   They don't think the default 60Hz with the warning to OC to 100Hz will be an issure but have reached out to Acer for clarification.  Overall they realy liked their monitor.

Thanks for Sharing, That is some serious bad banding issue I hope that gets fixed have they all had this issue so far?post-179175-0-17923300-1442490530.jpg

Custom PC:

Man I just got done reading that took like 25 minutes haha. Thanks for sharing that for everyone, it came out so fast!

Man I just got done reading that took like 25 minutes haha. Thanks for sharing that for everyone, it came out so fast!

I don't understand why no one has released a 60hz G-sync Ultrawide if the panel is designed to run at that before attempting to go to 100hz of the bat I understand this is a 60hz overclockable to 100hz but it just seems to me that they are playing with fire a bit pushing technology to it limits before even trying it with much more head room. 60hz with G-sync is pretty decent with out it feels choppy but I think I could deal with 60hz with G-sync.

Or even a 2560x1080p 29" 144hz Curved Ultrawide with G-sync I would buy that for the time being until Display port 1.3 comes out and we can get 3440x1440 at the same refresh natively.

Custom PC:

Apparently in the Freesync version there wasn't this banding.  Not sure what the issue is, but they said it might be fixable via a firmware upgrade.

Apparently in the Freesync version there wasn't this banding.  Not sure what the issue is, but they said it might be fixable via a firmware upgrade.

Is this banding present no matter what refresh rate the monitor is on I don't recall them mentioning that

Custom PC:

Is this banding present no matter what refresh rate the monitor is on I don't recall them mentioning that

I think it wasn't specifically mentioned but infered that it was a problem default with the monitor before they started playing with the refresh rate.

I think it wasn't specifically mentioned but infered that it was a problem default with the monitor before they started playing with the refresh rate.

That is interesting they will definitely need to sort that out before release, It could be some compatibility issue with the G-sync module and LG's display if it wasn't apparent in the Free-sync monitor.

Custom PC:

That is interesting they will definitely need to sort that out before release, It could be some compatibility issue with the G-sync module and LG's display if it wasn't apparent in the Free-sync monitor.

Yeah not sure what it is.  I don't think it is the monitor itself cause other models that use the same monitor don't have the issue. Hopefully it is a quick firmware upgrade or such.

In the end if it can't be fixed, the reviewer did say normal day to day usage you can't really notice it unless you have lets say a large, solid block of blue/grey on the screen, but that would include many browser screens.  We'll have to wait n see.  I donated to them cause that is the type of review I love.  It was their review of the ROG Swift that made me go out and plop down $900 CAD on it.

Yeah not sure what it is.  I don't think it is the monitor itself cause other models that use the same monitor don't have the issue. Hopefully it is a quick firmware upgrade or such.

In the end if it can't be fixed, the reviewer did say normal day to day usage you can't really notice it unless you have lets say a large, solid block of blue/grey on the screen, but that would include many browser screens.  We'll have to wait n see.  I donated to them cause that is the type of review I love.  It was their review of the ROG Swift that made me go out and plop down $900 CAD on it.

Brill that means you have experience with the ROG Swift my Acer XB270HU has been returned because of faults is the Swift a good monitor or would a XB270HU replacement be better ? Acer build quality is a bit disappointing but I can't wait for the PG279Q

Custom PC:

It seems like no one has any concrete information on a release date.  All I know is that it's expected sometime in October, but it has been pushed back a few times since it's announcement in April.   DOES ANYONE ON THIS PLANET KNOW A RELEASE DATE????????????? Something specific, not like "Q4" or "October, maybe..."      Please, I'm literally in tears from waiting so long

It seems like no one has any concrete information on a release date.  All I know is that it's expected sometime in October, but it has been pushed back a few times since it's announcement in April.   DOES ANYONE ON THIS PLANET KNOW A RELEASE DATE????????????? Something specific, not like "Q4" or "October, maybe..."      Please, I'm literally in tears from waiting so long

UK is the 9th of October where are you based America? It's being released Mid October so I would say around the 15th - 20th in America

Custom PC: