Read before asking for help

colonel_mortis

Finally yes!

I found myself repeating in reply telling people where to find and how to upload the dump files :) .

Yeah, that's mainly why I made it :D Not that the people it affects most will read it.

HTTP/2 203

Yeah, that's mainly why I made it :D Not that the people it affects most will read it.

Unfortunately true.

Again, well written.

Unfortunately true.

Again, well written.

Thanks! As I was writing it I kept on thinking of new things to add just as I was about to click post. Hopefully it will make it a bit easier, so you don't get people making a thread saying "help my computer just turned off what do I do", or at least they can be sent back here to think on their sins.

HTTP/2 203

You deserve it.

How about something about no post situation beep-codes what they mean and where to reference them.

Done. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a standard, so every manufacturer has a different set of codes.

HTTP/2 203

Done. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a standard, so every manufacturer has a different set of codes.

Cool.

Yeah PC's are a pain :P

• 2 weeks later...

You forgot about the "URGENT!(*)!#$!!" ones :ph34r:

Is there a way to change their title to BOLD RED!, see how effective this is?

I'll ask one of the mods about this matter.

so what do I do if not a single person reads my thread -__-

NZXT Tempest 210, 4770k @ 4.6ghz, Phanteks PH-TC14CS, 660ti DirectCUII @ 1180mhz, Asrock extreme 3, 8gb gskill sniper, ocz zt series 650w, wd blue 1tb, CM storm Quickfire w/ mx blues, Team scorpion X-Luca http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/42301-the-mean-green-machine/?p=550606

so what do I do if not a single person reads my thread -__-

Part of it is that the stats aren't working properly (my view didn't register), but the forum has also been down for about 1 1/2 hours today. When it goes off the first page, you can try bumping it, but generally it means nobody has any idea how to solve it.

HTTP/2 203

Part of it is that the stats aren't working properly (my view didn't register), but the forum has also been down for about 1 1/2 hours today. When it goes off the first page, you can try bumping it, but generally it means nobody has any idea how to solve it.

Sigh, ok. thanks for the response

NZXT Tempest 210, 4770k @ 4.6ghz, Phanteks PH-TC14CS, 660ti DirectCUII @ 1180mhz, Asrock extreme 3, 8gb gskill sniper, ocz zt series 650w, wd blue 1tb, CM storm Quickfire w/ mx blues, Team scorpion X-Luca http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/42301-the-mean-green-machine/?p=550606

• 6 months later...

This is beautiful, as a computer technician myself. This shall come to happiness when i need help. I will do my best to use this to fill out any requests that I may need with resolving laptops and desktop issues.

another site to consider for help: http://www.technibble.com/forums/index.php

"Overdrive" | My Desktop PC:  Case: Corsair 750D | CPU:  I7-4790K | Motherboard:  Asus z97 Deluxe NFC & WLC | CPU Cooler: Corsair h100i Push Pull | Memory/Ram:  Corsair Dominator Platinum 32gb 1600mhz  OS Disk| SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250Gb ; Storage Disc:  HDD: 1 WD 3tb Black |  Graphics Card: EVGA 780Ti Superclocked  ACX | Corsair AXi 860w
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peripherals: Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Logitech G13 Gaming Keyboard | Mouse: Logitech G700s | Speakers: Logitech z506 | Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pro Medium | Monitors: ASUS Pro Art 248Q  | Calibration: Xrite i1 Display Pro | Printer: Coming Soon

• 2 weeks later...

Can I post a video about my problem?

[dong expanding intensifies]

CPU - Intel Pentium CPU P6100 @ 2.00GHz GPU - Intel HD Graphics RAM - 3.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20) Sound Card/Audio - Conexant SmartAudio HD Storage - 298GB Hitachi HTS545032B9A300 (SATA) Motherboard - Base Board Product Name (CPU) Version PSK2CU-01Q01S.

Can I post a video about my problem?

If it helps get your point across, a video can help. Just make sure you write about it too, and the video isn't excessively long/pointless etc. Sometimes videos make it much easier to figure out what's going on other times it just gets in the way.

HTTP/2 203

• 9 months later...

Hmmmmmm yummy. New user here, and first sticky i read has all this goodies? Congratulations, 

Keep it up  :D

Can someone help me find a topic about BSOD, the topic was about how to read the BSOD information and about .dmp all those thing, help is appreciated. 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Yep thanks m8.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

• 4 months later...

Can we add something about event viewer error "System shutdown was unexpected" there have been a few people lately asking what this means?

It means your pc crashed, and the event is triggered on boot not by the crash.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

http://windowsmatters.com/tag/winpe/ <-- gandalf winpe. very useful.

suggestion. some peeps might not be familiar with using a bootable linux distro to troubleshoot. i suggest giving gandalf's winpe a try. it uses a familiar windows 10 interface stripped down, yet contains plenty of tools for you to use to troubleshoot errors. if paying 60 bucks for acronis true image sounds expensive, it also comes with a gui version of imagex as well. i promote making a 1-1 image of your operating system partition prior to every major change. acronis does make incremental updates easy, and its more forgiving on changed hardware. if your OS is screwed up so bad that nothing works, you can always create a winpe wim image anyway, transfer the wim file, and extract your important stuff using 7zip.

• 7 months later...

i need some help (i74790k, z97x-sli, hyper212 evo, 550w psu evga, wd blue 1tb, corsair spec-01, windows 10) so i was just kind of playing with my cpu oc and i got a stable 4.9ghz with 1.445v on air with like idle 60c so everything was going great then i tried to go for the great 5ghz it went to windows then said it needed to reboot becuase something was wrong and then after the reboot nothing will display i tried to clear the cmos by using a screwdriver as a jumper but all that happens is still just my system turing on and not displaying