Cathode/LED Suggestions

JakeUnsted1

I'm currently building my Deep red themed PC, but i'm stuck on what LED's/Cathodes to get.

As I found out, some cathodes come out at a much brighter color than some might want, so i'm kind of drawn to LED's... But as I don't have much experience, i'm asking the PC community :)

Please leave any advice and suggestions bellow!

Thanks!!

My biggest gripe about cathodes is that they're not a uniform constant dispersion. You might have a bright tube and a dull tube which can be annoying. LED's on the other hand are very uniform in their output and also don't produce the heat that cathodes do. I personally suggest Bitfenix Alchemy strips as do I think quite a few others.

My biggest gripe about cathodes is that they're not a uniform constant dispersion. You might have a bright tube and a dull tube which can be annoying. LED's on the other hand are very uniform in their output and also don't produce the heat that cathodes do. I personally suggest Bitfenix Alchemy strips as do I think quite a few others.
Yeah thats what ive been finding with the cathodes in my previous pc... Ill look in to the Alchemy strips :) Thanks for the reply!

yeah dude i would go with LED'S as they will last longer than a cathode also LED strips are usually flexible so you can work them into corners of your case. LED'S are just so simple they are great plus with cathodes when they start to fail they go dull and just wouldn't look so good hope this helps

Check out the NZXT Hue, you can get any color red you want on it since its RGB and its cheap. Its like.... my favorite thing I've ever purchased for my computer. Look it up on Youtube its brilliant I'm surprised more people don't use it.

Please don't buy branded LEDs. Just buy a few meters of LEDs on ebay and simply plug them into the 12V rail on your PC.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Don't buy cold cathodes if you are going for neat cable management. BitFenix Alchemy would be the best option in my opinion.

don't buy LED the led will fade unevely over time

CPU: Intel i7-3930k @4.2GHz,  Motherboard: Asus X79 Sabertooth, CPU Cooler: Corsair H100, Case: Corsair 600t, RAM: 8x4GB Corsair Vengance Black 1600mhz CL9, GPU: Gigabyte 6870OC ,PSU: Corsair AX1200 ,Boot Drive: Sandisk Extream 240GB ,Game Drive: OCZ Agility 3 120GB ,Storage Drive - 1: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ,Storage Drive - 2: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB ,Ram Cooler: 2x Kingston HyperX Memory Cooler (Blue)

My old cathodes fade aswell...

yeah dude i would go with LED'S as they will last longer than a cathode also LED strips are usually flexible so you can work them into corners of your case. LED'S are just so simple they are great plus with cathodes when they start to fail they go dull and just wouldn't look so good hope this helps
Thanks for the reply :) Think i'm going with LED's

i went with strip leds that i found on ebay for like 5 bucks for 15" or so with free shipping look really good but only time will tell how long they will last. check out my build and you can kinda see what they look like http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/...my-first-build keep in mind that last pic is with flash on

but cathode won't fade unevenly

CPU: Intel i7-3930k @4.2GHz,  Motherboard: Asus X79 Sabertooth, CPU Cooler: Corsair H100, Case: Corsair 600t, RAM: 8x4GB Corsair Vengance Black 1600mhz CL9, GPU: Gigabyte 6870OC ,PSU: Corsair AX1200 ,Boot Drive: Sandisk Extream 240GB ,Game Drive: OCZ Agility 3 120GB ,Storage Drive - 1: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ,Storage Drive - 2: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB ,Ram Cooler: 2x Kingston HyperX Memory Cooler (Blue)

What about the Phobya ones that linus demo'ed on his channel last week??

What about the Phobya ones that linus demo'ed on his channel last week??
Yeah! They were the ones I'm considering buying after watching that video last week. :) Thanks for the reply!

Check out the NZXT Hue, you can get any color red you want on it since its RGB and its cheap. Its like.... my favorite thing I've ever purchased for my computer. Look it up on Youtube its brilliant I'm surprised more people don't use it.
Was just about to suggest that lol

"Mentally Unstable Like a Fox!"

It's freaking amazing.