Ath ad500x vs ad700x is it worth it?

shadowkiller64

So is it worth it to get the ad700x instead of the 500x or should i just get the 500x i will be mostly gaming. Also to any canadians that bought this how much do customs, duties and taxes cost cause it ships from japan on amazon

Ofc. You will get higher sounstage with ad700x. Dont forget sound card like asus dgx. To get full adventage of ur headphones. Cheers.

Ofc. You will get higher sounstage with ad700x. Dont forget sound card like asus dgx. To get full adventage of ur headphones. Cheers.

I'm not sure if that's the case.

Ask @ShearMe, he owned both of them, I think. 

There may be some minor EQ changes, but in my experience (I've owned both) they sound the same.

You will get higher sounstage with ad700x. 

Uh, no. 

There may be some minor EQ changes, but in my experience (I've owned both) they sound the same.

Soundstage is the same "width", signature is very similar, only thing different is that the 500x soundstage is more...diffuse? IMO there is a noticeable difference after some listening, I'm not confident about it, but I feel like I was able to discern that much after I got some time with them, now 700x vs 900x it's clear there's barely a difference.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Soundstage is the same "width", signature is very similar, only thing different is that the 500x soundstage is more...diffuse? IMO there is a noticeable difference after some listening, I'm not confident about it, but I feel like I was able to discern that much after I got some time with them, now 700x vs 900x it's clear there's barely a difference.

So i should save like $90 and go with the 500x?

So i should save like $90 and go with the 500x?

Holy bejezus I just checked your Amazon.ca price and the 500x/700x price is ridonculous.  I think you should get one imported straight from Japan on Ebay or something.  Do you have a friend who lives in the US? You can try buying it from Amazon.com and asking them to ship it to you.

EDIT: Alternatively you can buy it off Amazon.com and just pay for the shipping.

Speakers - KEF LSX

Holy bejezus I just checked your Amazon.ca price and the 500x/700x price is ridonculous. I think you should get one imported straight from Japan on Ebay or something. Do you have a friend who lives in the US? You can try buying it from Amazon.com and asking them to ship it to you.

EDIT: Alternatively you can buy it off Amazon.com and just pay for the shipping.

If import from japan how much does it cost?

Holy bejezus I just checked your Amazon.ca price and the 500x/700x price is ridonculous. I think you should get one imported straight from Japan on Ebay or something. Do you have a friend who lives in the US? You can try buying it from Amazon.com and asking them to ship it to you.

Also how much should they actually cost?

Maybe there really is a difference to be felt and not heard. Truthfully I didn't have them side by side. I simply don't think the price difference is compelling for the average consumer, nor do I think someone with this budget has the experience to feel this difference you're describing.

Maybe there really is a difference to be felt and not heard. Truthfully I didn't have them side by side. I simply don't think the price difference is compelling for the average consumer, nor do I think someone with this budget has the experience to feel this difference you're describing.

I'd mostly agree with you, even though I did have the opportunity to have them side by side, it wasn't in the best of conditions, so to speak.  If the budget is $100 or less, of course I wouldn't try to convince them that the 700x is worth the extra 40 bucks or so, because probably these people won't be able to feel the difference in soundstage clarity anyway.  I just want to get it out there that I don't agree that the 500x and 700x are identical, very similar, but not identical....just like the 1000x and 2000x I had the pleasure of comparing (shamelessly plugging myself :D)

Speakers - KEF LSX

It is worth of getting ad700x as mentioned it has difference in soundstage.

No.

I'd mostly agree with you, even though I did have the opportunity to have them side by side, it wasn't in the best of conditions, so to speak.  If the budget is $100 or less, of course I wouldn't try to convince them that the 700x is worth the extra 40 bucks or so, because probably these people won't be able to feel the difference in soundstage clarity anyway.  I just want to get it out there that I don't agree that the 500x and 700x are identical, very similar, but not identical....just like the 1000x and 2000x I had the pleasure of comparing (shamelessly plugging myself :D)

I'd never say any two headphones of even the same model would be identical, but I do consider headphones very close to one another to be "the same". It's a semantic argument mostly.

Manufacturing variation. Failure to account for it is the same fallacy that has led people to conclude that the 600 ohm Beyers sound the best.