Widescreen suggestions

TheTechnical1

What are the best widescreens out there? And what to look for when considering a different monitor?

Linus has reviewed some ultra wide monitors, but I don't know if that is what you are looking for. If you are talking wide screen in terms of 16:9 aspect ratio vs 4:3 then look for 1080p and led backlight. If you could give more specifics that would be useful.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

Linus has reviewed some ultra wide monitors, but I don't know if that is what you are looking for. If you are talking wide screen in terms of 16:9 aspect ratio vs 4:3 then look for 1080p and led backlight. If you could give more specifics that would be useful.

This ^.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

For a little help on this...

uw - ultrawide, 21:9

widescreen, 16:9

old school screens before widescreen, 4:3 (I think you will have a chore finding those)

if you want 16:9, that is your typical monitor; thus we need to know more. Such as resolution, ips v tn, refresh rate, what you plan to use it for, and current gpu to see if it can handle it. For uw 21:9, LG is currently leading the pack on that. The question on lg uw is what size and what resolution you want.

P.S. @TheTechnical1

If you want to keep track of your topics, do not forget to follow them. Otherwise, you are only notified when people quote or specifically reference you, as I did above.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

all your labels are meaningless...

clearly nowadays 21:9 should be called widescreen and 16:9... standard whatever

any other aspect ratios are pretty much nonexistent

Not just as a WIDESCREEN, but as a very good monitor for gaming i would suggest the newly announced 

LG 29um67

or

LG 34um67

Both are FREESYNC, 75hz, IPS, 21:9, and 1080p (to keep the cost down we assume)

Cant have a more enjoyable gaming xp on anything else this year, unless you have preconceived notions up your 80s/90s asses.