Gaming Rig, Opinions?

Nutella

Hello All,

I want to see your opinions about my build, spent kinda long time on it!

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220 55.0 CFM  Liquid CPU Cooler  
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX  LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-N15 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case
Case Fan: Noctua NF-P12-1300 54.4 CFM 120mm  Fan
Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor
Keyboard: Cooler Master Storm Quick Fire Pro Wired Gaming Keyboard  
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse
Other: Corsair Vengeance 1500 USB Connector Circumaural Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset

What do you think?

Why would you need a 500GB SSD? 256 or even 128GB should be plenty for a lot of games. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

nice setup.  I can't believe you can get 4770K for $279!!!  Awesome price.  I would recommend to upgrade to the Samsung Pro - worth the price difference.  Other than that looks good!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Why would you need a 500GB SSD? 256 or even 128GB should be plenty for a lot of games. 

nice setup.  I can't believe you can get 4770K for $279!!!  Awesome price.  I would recommend to upgrade to the Samsung Pro - worth the price difference.  Other than that looks good!

Okay, thanks both for your opinions! I've changed it to Samsung 840 Pro Series 265 GB. Any other feedback would be appreciated.

Hello All,

I want to see your opinions about my build, spent kinda long time on it!

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($279.99 @ Microcenter) 
CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220 55.0 CFM  Liquid CPU Cooler  ($139.99 @ Microcenter) 
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX  LGA1150 Motherboard  ($228.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($324.99 @ Adorama) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.16 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card  ($659.99 @ Amazon) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-N15 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($24.99 @ Microcenter) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case Fan: Noctua NF-P12-1300 54.4 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($22.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply  ($127.98 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($129.97 @ Outlet PC) 
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor  ($266.99 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Cooler Master Storm Quick Fire Pro Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($74.99 @ TigerDirect) 
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($57.24 @ Amazon) 
Other: Corsair Vengeance 1500 USB Connector Circumaural Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset ($70.00)

What do you think?

if you have a microcenter near you why buy the motherboard at a different store?you get a $40 discount if you combo it with the cpu.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

The CPU price is in-store only, just in case you didn't already know, so hopefully you have a Micro Center near you.

I recommend getting the Samsung 840.  Unless you're writing tens of GB to the SSD on a daily basis, the 840 Pro won't really perform better than the 840.

And why Windows 7?  Just get Windows 8.  No reason to go with 7 if you don't have it already.

Other than that, looks good.  Very nice build you've got there. :)

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Again, made some changes in the build! what do you think?

Get a system builder version of W7 ;) 

Saves about 30$

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Get a system builder version of W7 ;)

Saves about 30$

What is this? what do you mean?

Oh, nevermind. You already took it!

Oh, nevermind. You already took it!

lol, windows 7?

lol, windows 7?

Yep. When you take the System Builder version you save a couple of bucks. Just a question though, why would you take W7 Professional?

Yep. When you take the System Builder version you save a couple of bucks. Just a question though, why would you take W7 Professional?

I Heard much about it, specially for gaming.

I Heard much about it, specially for gaming.

Well, there is no difference in gaming between the Home Premium and Professional edition. So you might as well go for the 64 - bit Home Premium edition and save another 30$ ;)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986

Or are you planning to use more than 16GB anytime soon? 

You should get windows 8 for a faster operaing system and better multi thread support. I really don't see why anyone would be stupid.enough to get an older operating system

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Well, there is no difference in gaming between the Home Premium and Professional edition. So you might as well go for the 64 - bit Home Premium edition and save another 30$ ;)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986

Or are you planning to use more than 16GB anytime soon? 

Yeah I'm planning to get more than 16GB very soon. 

You should get windows 8 for a faster operaing system and better multi thread support. I really don't see why anyone would be stupid.enough to get an older operating system

Stupid enough? I think you're talking about yourself because even though Windows 7 is old but for me, its x10000 better than Windows 8. Any problem?

The fractal design R4 is a great case but there is a problem with it dont buy it if you want to buy an swiftech cooler becz it takes alot of work to fit the h220 in the top of the case happend to me.. there is a risk you can damage your motherboard.. if i was you i would get an arc midi r2 best case ever in my opinion!!! the arc midi r2 have everything you want and can fit any radiator and also better airflow.. i have an R4 it is not silent at all if you are not using slient fans i mean not worth it if you think the R4 is a silent case..i hope you understand what i mean :p im not good at english to explain better :p. one more thing :p you dont need any noctua fans the fractal fans that comes with the case and the swiftech fans work very well and they are white :) i have 2 noctua fans and im not using them! if you want i can post a picture of my PC so you can see :)

The fractal design R4 is a great case but there is a problem with it dont buy it if you want to buy an swiftech cooler becz it takes alot of work to fit the h220 in the top of the case happend to me.. there is a risk you can damage your motherboard.. if i was you i would get an arc midi r2 best case ever in my opinion!!! the arc midi r2 have everything you want and can fit any radiator and also better airflow.. i have an R4 it is not silent at all if you are not using slient fans i mean not worth it if you think the R4 is a silent case..i hope you understand what i mean :P im not good at englosh to explain better :P

Yeah I just installed everything into my R4 the other day and it's not silent but it's really easy to work with 

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

Yeah I'm planning to get more than 16GB very soon.

Stupid enough? I think you're talking about yourself because even though Windows 7 is old but for me, its x10000 better than Windows 8. Any problem?

If you think windows 7 is better, you must not know much about the operating system. From a fact point of view windows 8 is far superior. What you're stating is saying that an ipod nano is better then an iphone. The iphone is clearly superior but you refuse to believe so.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Okay, thanks both for your opinions! I've changed it to Samsung 840 Pro Series 265 GB. Any other feedback would be appreciated.

My Opinion, dont get the pro just get the 840 the pro is a little bit better but for alot more

looks really nice, i wish i had the money for those kind of specs :)

Okay guys instead of opening a new topic I would like to ask you a question.. I live in the Middle East, so I'm gonna use the Aramex "Shop & Ship" Method. Let's suppose that I will be buying the whole build from the internet, and of course I won't! what is the weight you give for this whole build (Approx.)? In Kilograms.

I wou

Okay guys instead of opening a new topic I would like to ask you a question.. I live in the Middle East, so I'm gonna use the Aramex "Shop & Ship" Method. Let's suppose that I will be buying the whole build from the internet, and of course I won't! what is the weight you give for this whole build (Approx.)? In Kilograms.

About 18 - 20 Kg (40 lbs)

Luuk

|| CPU: Core i7 3770k @ 4.6gHz || RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600mHz || GPU: nVidia GTX 670 ||