AI suite III wont load custom fan profile on startup

I started using Chasis fans 1-3 on the mobo. I set up custom profiles on each fan and applied and saved them to the fan profiles. This works perfectly fine, until I shut down the the computer, the computer sleeps, or do a restart. Then AI suite loads whatever default fan control graph it has. 

How do I set my custom profiles to load at default on startup?

I started using Chasis fans 1-3 on the mobo. I set up custom profiles on each fan and applied and saved them to the fan profiles. This works perfectly fine, until I shut down the the computer, the computer sleeps, or do a restart. Then AI suite loads whatever default fan control graph it has. 

I just used the Fan Expert to have my fans set for me as they are saved and apply on start up. So that is something don't have that much experience with.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Idk. I had the same problem like you but now it saves them. Just re-load them from the list.

I did do that several times to troubleshoot myself. went into bios to see if something was interfering. No avail. I may have to call Asus support.

Idk. I had the same problem like you but now it saves them. Just re-load them from the list.

I did do that several times to troubleshoot myself. went into bios to see if something was interfering. No avail. I may have to call Asus support.

Yeah but just re-load them every time you restart, it's easy and not annoying.

• 2 years later...
On 11/29/2014 at 10:07 PM, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

Yeah but just re-load them every time you restart, it's easy and not annoying.

I know its an old topic but I am having the same problem and just had to respond to your comment.  Why would you even post a reply if its not going to be helpful??  It is an annoying problem to have.  he was just looking for help to this issue, same as I am.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I realize this is an old post, but I found a solution and this thread was one of the few that popped up as I searched around.

In case anyone is still having this problem, I saved over the default profile with my custom settings by: 

1. Make all the custom settings you want and save it to a new profile
  2. Show hidden files and navigate to C:/ProgramData/Asus/DIP/FanXpert/Profiles where AI Suite saves all profiles.
  3. Rename the profile file "Standard (ASUS)" to anything else, and then rename the file that is your custom profile to "Standard (ASUS)"
  4. Reboot. AI Suite will load "Standard (ASUS)" that now contains your custom settings. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2017 at 9:50 PM, Nospro said:

I realize this is an old post, but I found a solution and this thread was one of the few that popped up as I searched around.

In case anyone is still having this problem, I saved over the default profile with my custom settings by: 

2. Show hidden files and navigate to C:/ProgramData/Asus/DIP/FanXpert/Profiles where AI Suite saves all profiles.
  3. Rename the profile file "Standard (ASUS)" to anything else, and then rename the file that is your custom profile to "Standard (ASUS)"
  4. Reboot. AI Suite will load "Standard (ASUS)" that now contains your custom settings. 

^^ this! Worked like a charm.

I too was getting weird fan noises on sleep or monitor off, all fixed now. Thanks for the tip.

Thread cleaned.

If you don't have a solution, and can't/won't help, then there's no need to reply.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

• 3 years later...

I know this is necroposting but I bumped to this issue also and found a workaround and the somewhat underlying cause why the profiles are always reset on startup. The renaming of profiles does not directly help as proposed by Nospro. Actually, it is not on system restart itself when it resets, but specifically when you restarted the system AND THEN re-open the Fan Xpert, that's the only time it resets and wipe out the profiles (I watched the folders before opening the Fan Xpert, it deletes on the instance the Fan Xpert opens) Now, as I've verified it with HWiNFO (I screenshot the RPM before restarting and then compare it on next boot up) it did not reset, the fan tuning will stay the same the last time you tuned it as long as you do not open again the Fan Xpert tab in the AI Suite. I just find it weird that ASUS still haven't fixed this issue since until this time, it still exists. Will be providing this details to ASUS with the hope they will finally fix it

• 1 year later...
On 4/22/2017 at 8:50 PM, Nospro said:

Sorry for restarting this old thread, but i get and .dll error when doin this.