Dell monitor stand with vesa 100x100 mount monitor

TomvanWijnen

Hello everyone!

I have a very nice Dell monitor stand, with tilt, swivel, height adjust, but most importantly, pivot. I want a monitor that can pivot for word documents and reading web pages, and also to watch videos while laying in my bed.

Now sadly, that screen only is 1280 x 1024.

I want to buy a 1920 x 1080 monitor and hang it onto that dell stand. The problem is that the monitor I want to buy doesn't have the easy dell monitor mount system, it only has vesa 100 x 100. 

Is there some sort of bracket from the dell monitor mount, to vesa 100 x 100?

monitor_stand.jpg

Thank you for reading, and if you need more information please ask. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Why not just get a monitor + a separate vesa mount?

I doubt any other monitor would fit that stand very well, and its not really 100x100 vesa, it only has two screw holes, and those are in the middle, not one in each corner.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Why not just get a monitor + a separate vesa mount?

I doubt any other monitor would fit that stand very well, and its not really 100x100 vesa, it only has two screw holes, and those are in the middle, not one in each corner.

No I mean I have a Dell stand, and I want to buy a monitor with 100x100 vesa.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

See if you can take that front piece of metal off. It looks like there might be a VESA mount behind it.

See if you can take that front piece of metal off. It looks like there might be a VESA mount behind it.

Going to try that now, will post back in a few minutes.

No I mean I have a Dell stand, and I want to buy a monitor with 100x100 vesa.

There isn't a point in it, I doubt that stand will fit a different monitor.

If you just want a new monitor and will use its stand, then why is the dell stand you have now relevant?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Nope, just a piece of plactic and a very strong piece of metal.

There isn't a point in it, I doubt that stand will fit a different monitor.

If you just want a new monitor and will use its stand, then why is the dell stand you have now relevant?

Because the stand I now have has pivot (so the monitor will be very high and thin), which I really need.

Nope, just a piece of plactic and a very strong piece of metal.

Because the stand I now have has pivot (so the monitor will be very high and thin), which I really need.

You'd be better off with a different stand, as a 16:9 monitor will be quite a bit wider than a 5:4 monitor such as the one you have now, meaning if you pivot it, it will probably not clear the desk.

You'd be better off with a different stand, as a 16:9 monitor will be quite a bit wider than a 5:4 monitor such as the one you have now, meaning if you pivot it, it will probably not clear the desk.

I can put it on a stack of books :P Those stands are really expensive, and I'd rather use one I already have.

EDIT: I think one or maybe even no books would be enough, the dell stand can go really high up.

• 2 weeks later...

saw of the tabs and drill vesa holes in the plastic, i've done this many times at my work and it works like a charm, only thing is it doesnt look pretty, but i'm sure you can do something about that

EDIT: when i'm at my work i'll take a picture of it

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

saw of the tabs and drill vesa holes in the plastic, i've done this many times at my work and it works like a charm, only thing is it doesnt look pretty, but i'm sure you can do something about that

EDIT: when i'm at my work i'll take a picture of it

lol sounds awesome. I've decided that I'll just buy a secondhand stand, one so that I also can move the monitor around, which I think will be quite handy so I can move it while laying in bed watching Linus.