Corsair hx750 v2 buzzing (not whine) under gpu load

TicTac

So i know alot about electronics and i know what could be causing it, but i wanted to post the noise and see if anyone thinks thats its worth Rma'ing it, it happens worst when playing shadow of mordor but still happens in most games, on idel i put my ear up to the pc i hear a small buzzing not load like under load tho. under gpu load its not that loud i just have my blue yeti really close it doesn't buzz under cpu load, and i had a 650 rma'd that it sounded like a bird. So do you guys this i should be worried about it i dont really care about the noise if its not doing any harm i have uploaded the file to youtube link below. i really only want people to comment if they know that sound and what it means or if they have had it before thanks.

link : http://youtu.be/q2o26CqNLdk

ps: i really don't want to RMA it if i don't have to 

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

And specs might help soz 

Psu: corsair hx750 v2 

cpu: i7 3770

cooler: h80i

gpu: gigabyte wind force 770 2 giggaa bitez

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

There are a few types of components in a PSU that can cause whine or buzzing, namely the coils, transformers, and sometimes even the capacitors. Any frequency that can create resonance with the component will cause it to vibrate, making the noise you're hearing. Most PSU manufacturers try to limit this with the use of hot glue, tape around transformers, and tightly winding coils and capacitors. Your PSU is noisy most likely because of QC issues. If it's becoming too annoying then RMA it. Otherwise your PSU should be fine.

There are a few types of components in a PSU that can cause whine or buzzing, namely the coils, transformers, and sometimes even the capacitors. Any frequency that can create resonance with the component will cause it to vibrate, making the noise you're hearing. Most PSU manufacturers try to limit this with the use of hot glue, tape around transformers, and tightly winding coils and capacitors. Your PSU is noisy most likely because of QC issues. If it's becoming too annoying then RMA it. Otherwise your PSU should be fine.

the noise i dont care about because it only does it when im looking out in a demanding scene on shadow of mordor and the stops when i like look at the ground or walk around u think it will not have an effect on the psu i heard some people say it goes away.my adapter for my external hard dive does the same noise (kinda more height pitched) i guess it must just be the shitty power around my area do you think a ups with avr would help?

| Contact Information |

Shadows of Mordor must put a very particular load on your PSU to cause it to make noise. As for your power, if you have very dirty mains power I suggest finding a way to filter it out. Usually a PSU does that for you, but personally I would pre-filter it before it ever reaches the PSU. I don't know if a UPS with avr would do the trick, haven't used them before.

What would you recommend 

| Contact Information |

the noise i dont care about because it only does it when im looking out in a demanding scene on shadow of mordor and the stops when i like look at the ground or walk around u think it will not have an effect on the psu i heard some people say it goes away.my adapter for my external hard dive does the same noise (kinda more height pitched) i guess it must just be the shitty power around my area do you think a ups with avr would help?

It sounds like there's coil whine. It shouldn't affect functionality, but it is still a defect that I'd start an RMA for. Like Wulfgar said, the manufacturers usually apply silicone around components that could make noise, among other reasons.

If you have unreliable power, I'd suggest getting a UPS that is compatible with your power supply. (sine wave > stepped approximation to sine wave) Your power supply has line filtering, but a UPS would help. Brownouts can be just bad as power surges to your equipment.

yea

Other than hiring an electrician to inspect your wiring, I'm not sure how else you would filter dirty power. AFAIK a UPS only protects against brown outs and spikes, but doesn't really "clean" the power, especially if there are ground loops in the mains circuit. I could be wrong though, hopefully someone here can answer your question more fully.

A good UPS should support line interactive topology. It will correct minor brownouts and surges. Combined with the APFC in most modern computer power supplies, you shouldn't have any issues with brownouts, etc.

Of course, make sure your home electrical is up to code. Not only for the sake of your computer hardware, but your own safety as well.

yea

I have had a lot of power failures on  this psu shitty power around here in the summer time . i think ill get a ups any suggestions on a solid brand?

| Contact Information |

APC, Tripp-Lite, CyberPower are the 3 big names in the UPS game, at least in the US. They all offer enterprise level solutions, and consumer. Make sure you pick one that outputs a pure sine wave.

The APC SMC1500, Tripp-Lite SMART1500LCDT and CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD all fit the bill. I don't know where they're sold in Australia, unfortunately.

yea

APC, Tripp-Lite, CyberPower are the 3 big names in the UPS game, at least in the US. They all offer enterprise level solutions, and consumer. Make sure you pick one that outputs a pure sine wave.

The APC SMC1500, Tripp-Lite SMART1500LCDT and CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD all fit the bill. I don't know where they're sold in Australia, unfortunately.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=15_1120&vk_sort=1 thats my selection 

| Contact Information |

ill check it out thanks

| Contact Information |

if i put my ear up to it now doing nothing just on idle i can hear faint buzzing noise maybe it is the power around here ?

| Contact Information |

Nope not the fan 

| Contact Information |

Well it's just another PSU that whines. It doesn't do any harm to your PSU. Coils just vibrate because securing them properly isn't that easy and it depends on how good your ears are too. You might hear it but a friend might not. If the noise bothers you RMA it.

It sounds like there's coil whine. It shouldn't affect functionality, but it is still a defect that I'd start an RMA for. Like Wulfgar said, the manufacturers usually apply silicone around components that could make noise, among other reasons.

If you have unreliable power, I'd suggest getting a UPS that is compatible with your power supply. (sine wave > stepped approximation to sine wave) Your power supply has line filtering, but a UPS would help. Brownouts can be just bad as power surges to your equipment.

Well it's just another PSU that whines. It doesn't do any harm to your PSU. Coils just vibrate because securing them properly isn't that easy and it depends on how good your ears are too. You might hear it but a friend might not. If the noise bothers you RMA it.

Other than hiring an electrician to inspect your wiring, I'm not sure how else you would filter dirty power. AFAIK a UPS only protects against brown outs and spikes, but doesn't really "clean" the power, especially if there are ground loops in the mains circuit. I could be wrong though, hopefully someone here can answer your question more fully.

ok this is the buzzing at idle keep in might i have to put my ear to the top of my silver stone tj08-e to hear this can we confirm its coil whine and nothing else is this what coil whine sounds like and no the fans not on its the psu making the buzzing this is recorded on my blue yeti so its the best quality you will get  http://www.mediafire.com/listen/priu00g0mhzecc5/poooooo.wav

| Contact Information |

RMA it. Corsair even has a cross ship option, I believe, if you don't want any downtime.

yea

ok this is the buzzing at idle keep in might i have to put my ear to the top of my silver stone tj08-e to hear this can we confirm its coil whine and nothing else is this what coil whine sounds like and no the fans not on its the psu making the buzzing this is recorded on my blue yeti so its the best quality you will get  http://www.mediafire.com/listen/priu00g0mhzecc5/poooooo.wav

If you RMA it through Corsair they'll give you a HX750i instead if the older HX750 is out of stock. The HX750i is fully modular, has a quieter fan, and semi-passive.

You can find many reports like this from the Corsair forums and even my RM1000 does let out odd sounds, but aligning the case a bit off from the wall does echo it elsewhere.

..I miss my old SeaSonic S12II 620...

• 2 weeks later...

From what I can hear, that coil whine sounds minimal. I've heard much worse. The best thing you could do is either use headphones while using the computer or have some kind of white noise generator in the room (like a running fan) to drown it out. If not, then good luck with the RMA process.