Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB performance over time?

R3SISTOR

Hey everyone, I just have a question for experienced SSD users or anyone who has the Corsair Neutron GTX SSD.

I got this SSD back in December before the new year and it was working just as Corsair advertised in benchmarks and it was loading up windows and applications very quickly, no problems, loving the SSD.

Today, however, for some reason my computer has froze twice and BSOD once, so I decided to run some benchmark tests to make sure it was still running optimally.

I ran ATTO and CrystalDisk, the two same benchmarks that I ran when I first installed the SSD into my system.

For the most part, the results are the same or similar with a few deviations from the norm, I was wondering if this is cause for alarm or if simple the SSD slows down a bit when it is almost full capacity, which mine is getting close to, only around 25 gigs free out of 120GB (112 real).

Here is an imgur link to the benchmark screenshots.

In the image album, the picture on the left is the old screenshot and the picture on the right is the one that I took today.

Thanks for your time, please let me know what you think or if you have any advice.

Usually when storage gets almost full it slows down but I don't understand why it BSOD thats weird. You might want to put some of your stuff on an hard drive to free up the ssd to see if thats the problem.

Usually when storage gets almost full it slows down but I don't understand why it BSOD thats weird. You might want to put some of your stuff on an hard drive to free up the ssd to see if thats the problem.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I did free up some space and I've been running some tests, it is still locking up and BSODing every now and then. I really wanted to avoid formatting it or sending it in for RMA, but I may have to do so.

I would see if its a specific program thats causing it, I had google chrome blue screen my system awhile back. Also you could try a permissions repair.

20gb left should be fine.

And the benchmarks also seem round about what you would expect of a 85% full SSD

But is there a reason as to why you suspect its the ssd that is causing the freezes and BSOD's?

Like Spooley said, look at other things that might cause it.

Also have a look at this topic on tech-forum:(i know there is a similar post on LTT but this one is very easy)

http://www.tech-forums.net/forums/f128/ssd-tweak-guide-236563/

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Thanks for your input guys, I'll get back when I've tried a few things and have more time to explain my thought process, but basically I'm pretty sure it is the SSD because I'm getting I/O errors within windows, windows is installed on the SSD.