BSOD/sound card problems (cause overclock?)

Patramix

Hey everyone

anyone ever seen this?

sys specs, windows 7, I5 750(oc'ed to 3.8 for over 3.5 years at an average of 23 hours a day for as long) on a asus p7p55d-E with 16gig or ripjaw ram, intell 320 ssd, 1 wd black 1tb, 2 500gig in raid 0, 2 2tb drives for backups and a gtx 680

couple months ago, my sound card starting going bad, windows 7 wouldn't find it on boot up, i either had to reboot or uninstall the device and let windows re install it(from the device manager) (its an old pci creative x-fi platinum fatality champion) and a few BSOD once a week or so.

5-6 weeks ago, my gtx 670 burned out on me, while it was at RMA, i re installed my old 460, but then i started getting more regular BSOD and more sound card issue's.

anyways 2 weeks ago, it started getting worse when i received my rma back, a gtx 680, win 7 just would not install the 680, i had to run multiple driver wipes in safe mode to get it installed, but then the sound issues and bsod got worse, 2 -3 times per day.

at one point i couldn't play a game without the system crashing, so i removed my sound card. it seamed to get better for a couple day's but then it got worse.

so i re installed windows, trying win 8 this time, also seamed to get everything working well for a few day's, then the bsod started again with the sound problems (i had re installed the sound card i hate onboard), but i had the same exact problems with it. pulled it out again. but was still getting the bsod.

after all that, i turned down the oc a notch to 3.6 and that stopped the BSOD, finaly i said. 

that was a week ago, last night i was watching a blue-ray when switch disc's the onboard sound went out... 

now ive been thinking, i know the OC on the cpu probably damaged the chip, cause that was OC for its entire life(only spent 2 days at stock).

but is it possible for the CPU OC to affect the entire motherboard? as in even the onboard sound could be damage even thought it was disabled from day one!

anyways, i was just wondering if any of my ranting made since or if anyone seen this kind of problems before?

Thanks 

ps when are those new cpu's coming out so i can just swap out everything :)

All of life is forged from Hell, Yet from its beauty our legacy began.
 My Boinc Stats

Spoiler

CPU : I7-4790K, MB : ASUS Maximus VII Hero, Ram : Vengeance Pro 32gb, GPU : Asus Strix GTX 1070, PSU : XFX 850w Black Edition

Should be less than a week for haswell release. Did you RMA a 670 and Get a 680 back?

CPU: AMD FX 6300 @4.2GHZ | MSI 970A-G 46| Gskill Sniper 2X4GB 2400| Samsung 840 EVO 120GB| NZXT Phantom 410 gunmetal|

Apevia 680W Iceberg| HIS R9-270X| WD green 3TB| 

yeah, i had one of the oc'ed 670's from asus, witch i think they don't make anymore or only had the base model at the RMA dept. so after several offers from them, i told them i would not accept anything less then i originally had, so they offered me a 680, its a base model but hey who am i to argue.

All of life is forged from Hell, Yet from its beauty our legacy began.
 My Boinc Stats

Spoiler

CPU : I7-4790K, MB : ASUS Maximus VII Hero, Ram : Vengeance Pro 32gb, GPU : Asus Strix GTX 1070, PSU : XFX 850w Black Edition