AMD Catalyst 13.1 WHQL Drivers

zephiK

Looks like 13.1 WHQL just got released. Not yet on AMD website but will probably be on there soon.

Download Link: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx

FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE AMD CATALYST 13.1:

AMD Catalyst Control Center: New 3D settings and profile management user interface:

AMD Catalyst 13.1 features a newly designed 3D application settings page, designed to allow users to more easily adjust and control their 3D settings on a per application basis.

Performance Highlights of AMD Catalyst 13.1 (vs. AMD Catalyst 12.10): Includes all of the performance improvements found in AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11

• Performance gains seen on the entire AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series:
  • All game were tested at high / extreme / ultra levels
    • Enhanced performance in Far Cry 3 (up to 25% with 8xMSAA, SSAO enabled @ 1600p, and up to 15% with 8xMSAA, HDAO enabled @1600p) (AMD Catalyst 12.11 CAP2 must also be installed)
    • Enhanced AMD CrossFireâ„¢ scaling performance in Call of Duty Black Ops 2
    • Up to 10%-15% more performance in Battlefield 3 in most cases
      • • More than 20% in certain missions and sequences (Comrades)

[*]Up to 7% more performance in Metro 2033

[*]Up to 10% more performance in DiRT Showdown

[*]Up to 8% more performance in Sleeping Dogs

[*]Up to 12% more performance in Civilization V

[*]Up to 10% more performance in StarCraft II

[*]Up to 8% more performance in Sniper Elite: V2

[*]Up to 5% more performance in Max Payne 3

AMD Catalyst Mobility 7970M performance for AMD Enduro™ technology supported platforms has been improved for DirectX® 9, DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications:

• 3DMark® 06 – Up to 6%
    • 3DMark Vantage – Up to 15%
    • 3DMark 11 – Up to 12%
    • AvP – Up to 11%
    • Battlefield 3 – Up to 25%
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops – Up to 13%
    • Crysis 2: Up to 45%
    • DiRT Showdown – Up to 62%
    • ETQW – Up to 8%
    • Hard Reset – Up to 8%
    • Just Cause 2 – Up to 90%
    • Mafia 2 – Up to 40%
    • The Chronicles of Riddick – Up to 4%
    • Shogun 2 – Up to 56%
    • StarCraft 2 – Up to 25%
    • Skyrim – Up to 45%
    • Sniper Elite V2 – Up to 60%
    • Tom Clancy’s HAWX – Up to 56%
    • Unigine Heaven – Up to 33%
    • Wolfenstein – Up to 9%

Resolved Issues for the Windows 8 / Windows 7 Operating Systems:

This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 13.1 software suite.

• A sporadic system hang encountered with a single AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPU seen on X58 and X79 chipsets.
  • An intermittent hang encountered with AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPUs in an AMD CrossFire + Eyefinity setup.
  • Missing fonts in XBMC
  • No video found in Media Player Classic Home Cinema when using full or half floating point processing
  • Skyrim lighting (missing a lighting pass) for the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
  • Skyrim cloud corruption experience in various in game locations
  • A hang playing Dishonored on the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
  • Engine and memory clocks running too high when the GPU is idle.
  • GPU activity runs at lower values than expected seen on the AMD Radeon HD 7870.
  • Corruption seen in Darkness 2 and Carrier Command when using AMD CrossFire configurations
  • Adobe Premier Pro CS6 may fail to launch
  • Hang experienced with AMD Crossfire and Eyefinity enabled on X58 and X78 chipsets
  • Corel PaintShop Pro X3 – Hangs at the “Initializing Command Manager†window
  • Company of Heroes 2 – display corruption experienced when AA is enabled in the AMD Catalyst Control Center
  • Cyberlink Powerdirector 10 crashes intermittently.
  • Company of Heroes : Tales of Valor – Flickering experienced when AA is disabled
  • Max Payne 3 – Flickering experienced in DirectX 9 mode with forced AA enabled
  • Cyberlink PoweDVD 10 – crashes intermittently
  • VLC - Green texture corruption seen in 720p MPEG2 video clips
  • Black screen encountered when “Alternate DVI mode†is enabled in the AMD Catalyst Control Center
  • Green display corruption seen in Skype webcam video

wow O.O nice

• AMD 7850 - 2GB GDDR5 256bits
  • gBANDWIDTH = 170.2 GB/s
  • gSHADERS = 1024 unified
  • gCPUoc = 1050 mhz
  • gMEMoc = 1330 mhz (x4)
  • gPIXELfillrate = 33.6 GP/s
  • gTEXTUREfillrate = 67.2 GT/s

Drivers are now officially posted on AMD's website. Updated OP's post with AMD link.

I did notice A jump in the FPS average on my Steam copy of Devil May Cry 4. The FPS Average from 4 tests went up from 363.985 to 382.025. I just installed the drivers this morning. The test were done in both cases with the CPU running at 3900 MHz, Memory at default 1366 MHz, & the GPU's in Crossfire at referance speed of 925 Mhz GPU, 1375 GPU Memory speed. I know that it's just a Direct X 10 test, but the game has so much FPS the it's easy to see how much better it can be. Oh, saw a 18.04 FPS jump just from the driver.

Running a set of MSI R7970s, FX 8150 on a SABERTOOTH 990FX with 16 Gygabytes of Coursair Vengance CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9. My main memory is underclocked. The cards are bottlenecked from the memory. Ya, driver does work better. Sleeping Dogs worked great. Did not bench test that. I also did take note of the auto updater not being there after updating from 12.1 to 13.1. I was waiting for that.

My dual MSi 7970 setup with the new drivers are awesome. I've noticed a performance increase in games running a i7 3770 @3.4, 16GB RAM 1600, and ASrock Extreme 4 Z77. The only games I've really noticed a difference without using a frame rate counter are Battlefield 3 and Far Cry 3. Otherwise since I have Vsync enabled in all of my games I really don't see a difference. Also many of the Windows 8 bugs with the drivers are gone which is perfect for me.

WOO! Running 3x1080p on a 7950, might be able to bump up a few visuals on Battlefield 3

while (true) {

live();

}

Is it worth to upgrade drivers with a last generation gpu? I've got a 6870 with 12.10 drivers, will I see any improvement at all by upgrading to 13.1?

Just downloaded the new drivers yesterday and noticed a nice fps increase while playing bf3 and hitman absolution. This new driver just makes my 7970 that much better :)

Rock On!

Is it worth to upgrade drivers with a last generation gpu? I've got a 6870 with 12.10 drivers' date=' will I see any improvement at all by upgrading to 13.1?[/quote']

This is for the 7000 series only. You're probably stuck on 12.10 forever :)

Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustle softly.

The 12.10 drivers had problems with the crashing explorer.exe. I updated to 13.1 and so far no problems.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile