Corsair Introduces the Hydro Series H110 and H90 Liquid CPU Coolers

ScuderiaNerd

Theory on the lack of the "i" thing; how much R&D would it cost to add that feature to it? Would they make it back? There aren't that many cases that take 280mm radiators that aren't designed for custom loop setups so it may be a financial cost decision by Corsair that they believe they wouldn't make the money back on the expenditure to add that feature.

Theory on the lack of the "i" thing; how much R&D would it cost to add that feature to it? Would they make it back? There aren't that many cases that take 280mm radiators that aren't designed for custom loop setups so it may be a financial cost decision by Corsair that they believe they wouldn't make the money back on the expenditure to add that feature.
They have it everywhere else, and the R&D is already done for the others, so i assume there will be an H90i and an H110i...

Dude, they have the block and interface down already all they are doing is attaching a bigger rad and fans yet no "i"? They'd save money on manufacturing as well since they'd use the same new block on all water coolers, unless they still have a back log of non "i" blocks so this is there way of emptying that stock? Seems like an epic fail to me to not have the "i" feature.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Im not to disappointed about buying my H100i yet but if it out performance the h100i.Ill be a little down about it. I don't like the fact that the H110 does not come with corsair link. It does come in handy some times

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Dude, they have the block and interface down already all they are doing is attaching a bigger rad and fans yet no "i"? They'd save money on manufacturing as well since they'd use the same new block on all water coolers, unless they still have a back log of non "i" blocks so this is there way of emptying that stock? Seems like an epic fail to me to not have the "i" feature.

Unless it's using a different block, it is round remember. There may be a slightly bigger pump inside it too..

He's referring to the round blocks like the ones from h50, h55 and h70... They all seem the same as the H90 and H110 ones...

Im not to disappointed about buying my H100i yet but if it out performance the h100i.Ill be a little down about it. I don't like the fact that the H110 does not come with corsair link. It does come in handy some times
yea same just bought an h100i and i really like the link software and the ability to change colours on the block and it performs good enough for what i need

I might get one after I see the benchmarks.

I just dont understand why did not just make a thicker version of the H100 ... That could make up for the difference

Thicker seriously reduce compatibility... Would only fit in big towers, and people who buy big towers usually like to do custom loops...

but how much thicker should it be to make up for the size of 280 rad ?

So no corsair link ? why ?

I was really excited until I found that out .

They must have rushed it out as an answer to NZXT Kraken ...

I would probably go h100i over h110 just because of "i".

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Looks very rushed. older style mounting vs h100i

also those fans dont look pressure optimized at all.

maybe the price of h100's will come down a bit :)

maybe the price of h100's will come down a bit :)
that is usually how it is with all hardware. :D

I just dont understand why did not just make a thicker version of the H100 ... That could make up for the difference
You add more surface area by increasing to a 140mm than by increasing the thickness. I don't think that doubling the thickness would even add as much surface area.

I received and installed my h100i last week... :(

I wonder when one of these companies will smarten up and release a THICK 120mm rad.

140 is not very compatible.

Ah well I guess people will just have to wait for the H105.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Thicker means less compatible, so they probably won't do it...

The things are all made by Asetek. You see the round pumps everywhere, on the Antec Kuhlers, first generation Corsair waterloops and countless others. Even the Asus Ares II has them.

It's just a standardized design.

There's probably no i behind it so they can release the H90i and H110i later so a lot of people with a H90 or 110 will switch.. Same reason the iPad Mini doesn't have a high res display, I can guarantee you next gen Mini will have high res, so people with the old Mini will switch to the new one.

It's just a way to make more money.

I can't wait to see a review on that cooler, just knowing it's 280mm is already sounding beastly to me. lol

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 -