GOG.com updates: 2 free movies, local currencies added and regional price disparity refunds

I just got an email from GOG talking about a recent update to their site.

Video:

GOG is now selling movies, and they're starting with documentaries. A part of this is that you can get 2 movies for free in order to see what it's like. 

In addition, there are now local currencies added: EUR, GBP, AUD and RUB. (Euro, Great British Pound, Australian Dollar and Russian Ruble.)

Along with that, if there is a price markup within your region, GOG will give you the difference back in store credit. The standard price is based off of US pricing.

I think this is all pretty cool, but I don't understand why GOG gives you in store credit, rather than just not charging you the extra amount. I'm sure someone can tell me why there's a probably rather stupid system in place that causes this.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

I'm just happy that I don't have to pay with euros just because I live in the general vicinity of Europe.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.