MSI GTX 770 Lightning SLI Tested!

AndyCapets

The new gtx 770 has been tested on an Asian website and thanks to VideoCardz.com we can understand and look at the spec of this card in SLI with all the specs, graphs and scores needed!

Full story: http://videocardz.com/42149/msi-geforce-gtx-770-lightning-tested-sli

post-9910-0-06212000-1369734070.jpg

post-9910-0-50873900-1369734074.jpg

post-9910-0-96747300-1369734085.png

post-9910-0-77435400-1369734090.png

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Wow seems like the GTX770 is SLI is worth while considering these tests. I mean excuse my Chinese but the benches seem to blow the Titan and 680 out of the water. Of course this doesn't mean anything without pricings.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Of course this doesn't mean anything without pricings.

Yeah but, since it's priced at $450 (well normally), it looks more interesting to go with a 770 SLI than a Titan.

Looks very awesome, can't wait for other branded cards as well. Probably will be released this weekend anyway, at least I hope!!

I'm not buying cause i want a GTX780 version. However, does the GPU Reactor make it impossible to fit in a sound card w/ a casing like a soundblaster?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Looks like the between GTX 770 Lightning and the GTX 680 Lightning is similar to that of the GTX Titan and GTX 780.

I'm not buying cause i want a GTX780 version. However, does the GPU Reactor make it impossible to fit in a sound card w/ a casing like a soundblaster?

I don't think so unfortunatly, just look for the GTX 680 Lightning, it's exactly the same card design.

I don't think so unfortunatly, just look for the GTX 680 Lightning, it's exactly the same card design.

But the GPU reactor, does it affect sound cards?

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

But the GPU reactor, does it affect sound cards?

You mean like the actual card ? Or if you have problems fitting one ?

Does the spacing of the reactor affect the fitting for a sound above it?

Yes it does if it's on the slot exactly above it. I personally really don't like the look of it or the round hole you get if you don't use it...

71b.jpg

Yes it does if it's on the slot exactly above it. I personally really don't like the look of it or the round hole you get if you don't use it...

71b.jpg

4 way sli lightnings. Just god like

I compared the single 770 results with the one 7970 GHz Edition (same website, different benchmark), the two are basically identical (the 770 performs between 0.5 and 2 frames better) but please note that the 7970 GE is clocked at 1050/1500 while the GTX 770 Lightning is at 1150/1753. I can't see the 770 going much higher than that while the 7970 has still some headroom for OC so I would say that for that price range AMD is still offering the better solution (mine are speculations based on the current results, not facts) even if by a smaller amount than before.

BTW, it love the backplate, but if I could remove that thingy (reactor?) it would be much better.

4 way sli lightnings. Just god like

With the GPU Reactor that would take up 12 slots :lol:.

With the GPU Reactor that would take up 12 slots :lol:.

You like to kill dreams don't you

:'(

Those results look awesome ^_^

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

I compared the single 770 results with the one 7970 GHz Edition (same website, different benchmark), the two are basically identical (the 770 performs between 0.5 and 2 frames better) but please note that the 7970 GE is clocked at 1050/1500 while the GTX 770 Lightning is at 1150/1753. I can't see the 770 going much higher than that while the 7970 has still some headroom for OC so I would say that for that price range AMD is still offering the better solution (mine are speculations based on the current results, not facts) even if by a smaller amount than before.

BTW, it love the backplate, but if I could remove that thingy (reactor?) it would be much better.

Yes you can :)

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

You like to kill dreams don't you

:'(

Well you could just not use the GPU Reactors (which sounds slightly gimmicky anyway) and they'd work the same as any other card and take up only 2 slots each (8 in total). The only problem with that is you have to put up with a hole in the backplate:

msi-r7970-lightning-gpu-reactor.jpg