Dell U2312HM vs BenQ 2420T/TX

So I'm basically trying to decide between the Dell U2312HM and BenQ 2420T/TX as a gift for a dear friend; I'd be buying two of whichever I end up choosing. As for my friend, she's a rather ardent gamer and plays many FPS games but she's also in film production/animation hence why I can't decide between those two.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

I'm more or less trying to ascertain if the picture quality of the Dell is much greater than the BenQ; otherwise, if they're not significantly different I'd probably go with the BenQ since that seems to be one of the best choices for a 120Hz monitor currently.

Okay if she plays a lot of twitch fps games get the 120hz panel but the U2312HM will have a much better color reproduction being a 8-bit IPS panel. A 120hz monitor will be

A-TN which does not have very good contrast

B- poor viewing angles

I'm saying this slightly bias since I have a big brother of it, the dell U2713HM.

Here is Linus comparing a 144hz screen to a Pls screen which is pretty close to ips but slightly less color reproduction

I think it depends on her current monitor. If she's using 120hz panel, BenQ might be a better choice. Stepping down from 120hz to 60hz, hmm.....not a good choice :\

For Dell, picture quality will be better for sure + better color reproduction. If she's using 60hz panel, I'd go with Dell. Not bad for gaming + Good for film/animation production.

One thing that I am curious though, why get two same monitor? For gaming, either go with 1 big screen or 3,5 eyenfinity/surround. You don't want to have a bezel in the middle XD

If I were you, I would buy both. One for gaming, one for working.  :D

I think it depends on her current monitor. If she's using 120hz panel, BenQ might be a better choice. Stepping down from 120hz to 60hz, hmm.....not a good choice :\

For Dell, picture quality will be better for sure + better color reproduction. If she's using 60hz panel, I'd go with Dell. Not bad for gaming + Good for film/animation production.

One thing that I am curious though, why get two same monitor? For gaming, either go with 1 big screen or 3,5 eyenfinity/surround. You don't want to have a bezel in the middle XD

I wish I would have friends that generous  :(

The reason I'm opting for two (at the moment) is with the intention to let her set one up as a central main with the other acting as a satellite. I don't think anyone would ever want to center the screen between two monitors. :blink:

As for getting one of each, well...I have connections that'd let me get two of a model for quite a discount but I can't mix items though or I'd lose the discount. :ph34r:

I wish I had some discount too :(

As I said, both BenQ and Dell are great monitors. Take a look at her main rig. If she is using 60hz panel, you are good to go with Dell. If she using 120hz, go with BenQ.