Dual 670's or a 780ti

I have recently upgraded upgraded from a 650Ti, to a 780Ti, and i think that your SLI/780Ti decision all comes down to your monitor, and the variety of games you're gnna be playing. 

On Battlefield 4 and CTE

My 650Ti gave me 52fps on high, and 30 on ultra, but both were very choppy.

My new 780Ti now gives me a solid 115fps minimum at 2048 x 1152 resolution. 

I think that a 780Ti would give you an excellent solid performance boost over your 670, and would be excellent for any games that aren't optimised for SLI, however, if you are running games that are optimised then its maybe worth having the two 670's. If your 670's are the 4GB versions, the SLI combo could be a great bet for a 1440p. 

a 670 is about the same as a 760, and 760 SLI is about as good as a 780ti

if you want to deal with the heat output, i would go with the 670, i assume you dont pay for elektricity

you could also keep this one for now, and wait for the 800 series and see what they have to offer

if the 800 series isnt too great, theres always loads of high end cards of the previous series on ebay and stuff

People have to stop saying the GTX670 is a 760 because it's not.

Go with a second GTX670 it's cheaper.

RTX2070OC 

If you're on a budget go for a 670, will get you 60+ FPS in any game

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.

at 1080p how well do you want? a single 660 Ti does a great job with most games at max so 2x 670s can't be too bad. and when was the last time you ran these tests? what driver version did you use?

OP didn't give a desired resolution.

1080p - Single 670 is fine with any game I've tried.

1440p - Even 670 SLI in my experience gets screen tearing and framerate dips at ultra settings. Could be something else in my setup, but that was my experience. Judging by post 21 here, I'm guessing something was wrong in my setup.

Hello guys. I just finished building my brother a custom AMD build, and it gave me the urge to upgrade my PC. My current hardware is:

i7 3770k @3.5

Nvidia Gtx 670

Asus P8z77 v-lk

8gb ram

and cant remember 850w psu or 750w? Ahhh its really late right now need sleep lol

So i'm stuck on whether to get another 670 to run sli or just simply get a 780 ti. I'm not really into running the latest games on uber max settings which my lonely 670 does a good job at.. If i were to sli would i need to upgrade my case fans? they are currently stock fans. 

I'd go with 780ti.

780 Ti, der.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I had to make a similar decision a short time ago.

I had 680s in SLI. However some of the games I okay the most didn't support sli and a single 680 wasn't enough for maxed out 1440P gaming. I upgraded to a 780ti and don't regret it.

Performance for you may be very similar. However SLI isn't perfect and some games don't support it.

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.