Problem with my OCZ Power Supply Warranty

Go to solution Solved by Clyne,

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum and I have a question about my OCZ power supply warranty. It has come to my attention that OCZ filled for bankruptcy and was purchased by Toshiba. Toshiba bought the rights to their SSD's but left the power supply rights in limbo. I have an OCZ ZX 850 power supply that I purchased almost a year ago, and It came with a 5 year warranty. So my question is, if I have a problem with my power supply, and I have to RMA it, how do you think I can do it?...... Or do you think Toshiba will handle all warranty problems with old products?

Thanks 

Ocz still handles warranty but it's a Toshiba group company, not everything is liquidated.

http://ocz.com/consumer/support/warranty

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum and I have a question about my OCZ power supply warranty. It has come to my attention that OCZ filled for bankruptcy and was purchased by Toshiba. Toshiba bought the rights to their SSD's but left the power supply rights in limbo. I have an OCZ ZX 850 power supply that I purchased almost a year ago, and It came with a 5 year warranty. So my question is, if I have a problem with my power supply, and I have to RMA it, how do you think I can do it?...... Or do you think Toshiba will handle all warranty problems with old products?

Thanks 

I think you're fucked on that one since Toshiba has no history with PSUs. As for SSDs they still warranty them. Best bet is to contact them

Hey Guys,

Thanks 

Ocz still handles warranty but it's a Toshiba group company, not everything is liquidated.

http://ocz.com/consumer/support/warranty

Just assume or plan for it lasting 5 years and make preparations.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Maybe you get warranty or maybe not this is hard to tell when a company gets taken over by another one after being bankrupt.

But as long as your PSU is fine I don't think that you will have to worry too much. And even if you wouldn't get warranty on it a certified PSU isn't that expensive :) .

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling