HTC One (M8) video out capability, and what cable do i need

Nabalazs

I came to the point in my life when I want a flat LCD tv. After I got it, I remembered that phones now days are able to output video. SO!

Can the one m8 do that too? (I mean, I'm 99% sure it can, but) I can't find any proof of that, a review or something. Also, I found people having problems with 5 and 11 pin stuff. Do I have to keep an eye on it, or are they just doing something bad? AND also... Ordering online is not an option for me. I only can get stuff from MediaMarkt. So. I didn't really look around, but I know that there are quite a bunch of off branded cables, and I'm not sure if they even have a micro usb power plug on them. Can you give tips on what do I have to look for mostly?

Oh, and one I looked at had a derp Nokia phone and a tv on it (probably indicating that it's for my purposes), but I couldn't see a power plug, and I'm not sure that it looked like a micro usb. It was a tad smaller.

Ps.: it's my first post on the forums YEY

I came to the point in my life when I want a flat LCD tv. After I got it, I remembered that phones now days are able to output video. SO!

Can the one m8 do that too? (I mean, I'm 99% sure it can, but) I can't find any proof of that, a review or something. Also, I found people having problems with 5 and 11 pin stuff. Do I have to keep an eye on it, or are they just doing something bad? AND also... Ordering online is not an option for me. I only can get stuff from MediaMarkt. So. I didn't really look around, but I know that there are quite a bunch of off branded cables, and I'm not sure if they even have a micro usb power plug on them. Can you give tips on what do I have to look for mostly?

Oh, and one I looked at had a derp Nokia phone and a tv on it (probably indicating that it's for my purposes), but I couldn't see a power plug, and I'm not sure that it looked like a micro usb. It was a tad smaller.

Ps.: it's my first post on the forums YEY

Welcome to Linus Tech Tips!

You'll just need a normal 5-pin MHL adapter. Brand and proprietary stuff won't matter with the M8. It only does with Samsung

"Rawr XD"