So I want to get into tech journalism...

In my opinion the whole point of a reviewing something is to give your opinion on it, anybody can list a spec sheet, but its your opinion of those specs that matter. The reason Linus is so effective is that his opinion is trusted, he says something like "noctua are best" and suddently everyone that watches him shares this opinion. That is the power a personality can have.

If he just listed some specs about airflow, showed them on camera and left it at that, then nobody would really care. People follow a website/blogger/journalist/company because they trust the opinion of the reviewers or find them entertaining

Well I'll just have to work on how I present my opinion in my writing. I'll practice on the new Bose vs Beats patent infringement battle that's going on. I don't like any of the company's involved really, so I'll have plenty to say. 

William Wallace, "It's all for nothing without freedom"

Well I'll just have to work on how I present my opinion in my writing. I'll practice on the new Bose vs Beats patent infringement battle that's going on. I don't like any of the company's involved really, so I'll have plenty to say. 

Please keep posting... You have my support!

Keep an eye out on employment websites and the websites of said journalism sites and apply like crazy. 

With regards to your website/writing in general, it will definitely help to study linguistics and how the mode and tenor in an article can dramatically change how it's read.

It feels a bit immature if you write "In conclusion XYZ", try using concluding by outlining the focal points you had in your article: price, performance, features, etc. 

Final tip from my friend who did journalism: don't give up and write and read a shit ton! 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Keep an eye out on employment websites and the websites of said journalism sites and apply like crazy. 

With regards to your website/writing in general, it will definitely help to study linguistics and how the mode and tenor in an article can dramatically change how it's read.

It feels a bit immature if you write "In conclusion XYZ", try using concluding by outlining the focal points you had in your article: price, performance, features, etc. 

Final tip from my friend who did journalism: don't give up and write and read a shit ton! 

I'll definitely take that advice! Thank you. 

In my opinion the whole point of a reviewing something is to give your opinion on it, anybody can list a spec sheet, but its your opinion of those specs that matter. The reason Linus is so effective is that his opinion is trusted, he says something like "noctua are best" and suddently everyone that watches him shares this opinion. That is the power a personality can have.

If he just listed some specs about airflow, showed them on camera and left it at that, then nobody would really care. People follow a website/blogger/journalist/company because they trust the opinion of the reviewers or find them entertaining

Well I took a lot of the information I was given and wrote another post. tried to put a lot more personality into this one http://unpracticaltech.wordpress.com/2014/07/30/beat-it-says-bose-bose-attacks-beats-for-multiple-patent-infringements/