Bitfenix Prodigy - Mini

CaliBee

Hi Guys. I know its another prodigy build.. I've been trying to post this build for quite some time now just been too busy with work. I'm a college student majoring in business management. I know this build is overkill for what I do. (Browsing the internet, light gaming and watching videos.) Most of these parts I was able to get for cheap due to a few craigslist deals and lots of snooping around slickdeals. Most of these parts I've recieved were in pristine condition. As you can tell I'm a Noctua fanboy. Pictures coming soon!

Specs

CPU

Xeon e1245 v3 -150 usd

RAM

Team Vulcan 2x4gb 1600mhz -50

MB

Asrock Z87E itx -80

GPU

Asus 290x direct cu ii -350

SDD

Samsung 840 Pro 256gb -85

PSU

Corsair RM450 -45

COOLER

Noctua nh-d14 -40

CASE

Bitfenix Prodigy -60

FAN Controller

NZXT Sentry 2 -10

I'm not home right now so I don't have the exact noctua fan models. But I have one intake in the front, two intake on top, and one exhast in the rear.

Have you got these parts already?

Also you're going to need a bigger psu

No he won't, it's a non over clockable cpu

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe there is an issue with the Asus 290 and 290X. I think it had something to do with the cooler not actually being designed for that card, so it doesn't work properly.

The cooler was originally designed for the 780. I have removed the OEM thermal paste and applied artic silver mx-2. idles around 35c with a room temp of 67. Highest I've seen is about 75c thats when running titanfall.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe there is an issue with the Asus 290 and 290X. I think it had something to do with the cooler not actually being designed for that card, so it doesn't work properly.

Yes all these parts have been received. Just need time to take pictures and upload them.

Have you got these parts already?

Also you're going to need a bigger psu

Wait, is the name of the build "Mini", or is it going to be a build using a modified 'mini' Prodigy case? One of those is slightly more exciting than the other.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

The name is Mini. I know this case is huge but its compact with the massive nh-d14 and with all fan slots occupied.

Wait, is the name of the build "Mini", or is it going to be a build using a modified 'mini' Prodigy case? One of those is slightly more exciting than the other.

Don't OC the card at all, thats if the psu can handle it under load lol. I would have gone for a strong 550w. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

The top intake fan is Noctua NF-F12.

The front intake is Noctua NF-A14 FLX.

The two CPU fans are Noctua NF-P14.

The one rear exhast fans is Noctua NF-A14 FLX. 

piC0nSQ.jpg

BWGSYzG.jpg

d9HX5VM.jpg

UqYgugF.jpg