CPU and internet

YubinTheBunny

I've kinda notice when doing network/internet intensive-r things my cpu (a FX-6100) heats up a bit, or when playing games singleplayer like Dota 2 I would get frames above 100fps in but when entering a pub game my fps would drop to about 50fps. I'm wondering if I got a network card or something it would help with the frames and the heat but I don't know if that would actually fix it. Thoughts? 

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

I've kinda notice when doing network/internet intensive-r things my cpu (a FX-6100) heats up a bit, or when playing games singleplayer like Dota 2 I would get frames above 100fps in but when entering a pub game my fps would drop to about 50fps. I'm wondering if I got a network card or something it would help with the frames and the heat but I don't know if that would actually fix it. Thoughts? 

Does it happen automatically in a public game? Or does it happen when lots of people are present and there's a lot going on?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Does it happen automatically in a public game? Or does it happen when lots of people are present and there's a lot going on?

It happens regardless if there's a lot of people on that day or not, this problem also happens in another MOBA call SMITE, but in that game my fps drops gradually as the game goes on. The only game that's a exception to my problem is Battlefield 3.  

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

If your playing games online, your performance varies. In intense FPS games, you could have 100+ people shooting at each other at the same time, and  with explosions on the screen and such, your GPU can be doing a lot of work. 
On the other hand, you and 5 other people might be the only people online, so performance is better. 

If your doing a lot of online gaming, if at all possible, wired internet is the fastest, and best way to go. If your using wireless, I would try switching to wired, and see if your performance increases at all. 

It happens regardless if there's a lot of people on that day or not, this problem also happens in another MOBA call SMITE, but in that game my fps drops gradually as the game goes on. The only game that's a exception to my problem is Battlefield 3.  

Then I doubt it's the hardware that's the problem.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Then I doubt it's the hardware that's the problem.

Funny thing is, my sister has the exact same config but she can run Dota or SMITE fine and shes using a power line connection. But I wonder, a few days ago a storm happened at my place and the little LED on my ethernet port is fried because lightning knocked out something, I wonder if that's the cause. Also a bonus question here: I'm trying to clock my ram at its rated speed of 1600mHz, but the mother board refuses to do it properly (Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3) the only way I can clock it to 1600mhz is to turn up the bus speed but it ends up heating my pc along with my original problem.

Build

It means that your internet connection is bottlenecking, and that effects the entire system, the only thing you could do is upgrade your networking equipment.

It means that your internet connection is bottlenecking, and that effects the entire system, the only thing you could do is upgrade your networking equipment.

So does that mean I can remove the bottle neck by adding a Network card or do I have to get a new modem? I'm using the rogers SMC3GN modem and using the onboard ethernet.

Build

It means that the only way to stop that is to upgrade your isp.

It means that the only way to stop that is to upgrade your isp.

I'm using Teksavvy's 28mbps down with 1mbps up, so you think that's bottle necking my pc?

Build