Network Cards

sk8ermanblue

A few years ago now I had an all new gaming rig. I had a amd 955 BE processor with 2 and 4890's in CF, 8 GB of corsair dominator memory running at 1600. My computer was still acting a bit laggy with online games and killing games that were run on the computer. I had a Gigabyte ga790xt-ud4p mobo and installed a killer xeno pro netwoIrk card.  after that i wass smashing online games as well. I played the original Crysis at max settings with the build and enjoyed very playable framerates while my friends had trouble running the game at all. I will be building a new gaming PC soon with mostlikely haswell cpu. Is there a need to have addon network cards these days or is onboard good enough for gaming in today's mobo's? I haven't built a gaming rig for me in a couple of years. I have been mostly playing wow on my amd A-6 3620 at about 30fps. its not  optimum gaming rig for me but with little gaming time and a lot more time coming up in the next couple months with my new job I want to play all the newest titles again. what do you guys think addon network card or no. thanks in advance!

-B-

CPU: AMD FX 6300 @4.2GHZ | MSI 970A-G 46| Gskill Sniper 2X4GB 2400| Samsung 840 EVO 120GB| NZXT Phantom 410 gunmetal|

Apevia 680W Iceberg| HIS R9-270X| WD green 3TB| 

With today's integrated NICs are actually pretty decent. I would try to find a board with a Intel NIC. If you really need a seperate NIC I would look into BIGFOOT networks 2100 or KIller NIc.

Use Intel Pro Lan cards if you need reliability, otherwise any other NIC is decent.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)