Asus VG248QE

ImElkay

Hey guys, I have this monitor but I can't figure out how to use the speakers with that are built into it.  I am using an hdmi cable and I thought that carried and audio signal.  Am I doing something wrong?

Same problem with my VS247H-P. Lol. HDMI cable. Don't know how to get it working. I was using my earphones, but I really wanna know how to use the speakers too.  :P

Right click the speaker icon in your task tray, select the playback tab, then set the monitor as the default playback device......i think

Right click the speaker icon in your task tray, playback, then set the monitor as the default playback device......i think

I'll try that... tomorrow.

HDMI does send a audio signal, try setting the monitor to your default audio device and see if it plays sound.

Right click the speaker icon in your task tray, select the playback tab, then set the monitor as the default playback device......i think

Exactly this.

You have to manually set it up. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

HDMI does send a audio signal, try setting the monitor to your default audio device and see if it plays sound.

It sure as hell does lol.

"For digital audio, if an HDMI device supports audio, it is required to support the baseline format: stereo (uncompressed) PCM. Other formats are optional, with HDMI allowing up to 8 channels of uncompressed audio at sample sizes of 16-bit, 20-bit and 24-bit" 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Audio.2Fvideo

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG