Any game designers or programmers in da house?

Mrcrysis2000

I have an idea for a game which i think would be very popular as an indie game but then again what do i know, if anyone would like to know about it i have a game concept and a few brain storms ready to read feel free to message me about them :) 

Hey guys nice to see there love for this sort of thing and im excited to make a big team on the fourm for making a game :) and i was thinking the best kind of gaming which is PC :p 

Hey guys nice to see there love for this sort of thing and im excited to make a big team on the fourm for making a game :) and i was thinking the best kind of gaming which is PC :P

indeed

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Oh cool, now we HAVE do this, what was your idea? BTW or do you not want to disclose it to us ;) :) 

You'll need to specify some aspects of the idea to formalise choices of software/languages etc. before proper interest is expressed.

Well im studying programming currently not lots but a little bit and im quick learner, its a simulation game based around simple 16 bit games such as theme hospital :) 

and im not totaly sure what the best language would be for this sort of thing the reason why ive asked the forum for help plus the forum is the place to be to get this sort of stuff off the ground :)

Simulation games sound like a load of fun to develop considering they present a large variety of programming problems to solve and implement. Could be cool =]

Well if anyone would like details about this, feel free to personally PM me for the exchange ideas and maybe even make a game out of it which would be totally awesome !! :) 

i would do this, but i am working on a small title for the OUYA at the moment and a bigger project for after.

i can help you however, if you need anything just PM with the subject as "Game Project" and i will do my best to help :D

Character artist in the Games industry.

Make TechTips Tower Defense using computer parts as towers and bases, could be fun.

Hey! Don't forget to include Linux support if you can (I know not all game engines allow it but it makes your game future-proof :P )

Thanks pixxie that would be really useful thanks

And I love that idea nort being able to create a game and upgrade the pc to help defend and certain parts work better then others but I think that would be a different project to what I have in mind :)

Hey! Don't forget to include Linux support if you can (I know not all game engines allow it but it makes your game future-proof :P )

I'm sure that wouldn't be so hard to do :) thanks for the input :)

I'm looking for something to do after my final exams and might be interested in helping you out.

As above, I too would like to help, what platform were you thinking of? and maybe we could do like a 'house' project with loads of peeps from the forum! :)

Oh cool, now we HAVE do this, what was your idea? BTW or do you not want to disclose it to us ;) :)

i would do this, but i am working on a small title for the OUYA at the moment and a bigger project for after.

i can help you however, if you need anything just PM with the subject as "Game Project" and i will do my best to help :D

Make TechTips Tower Defense using computer parts as towers and bases, could be fun.

Ok guys im amazed that people are so interested in making this game, lets make it happen! the tower defense sort of idea sounds good and also with a twist such as looking after the base to improve performance 

Have you decided which language/software to use? Python + PyGame might work.

Have you decided which language/software to use? Python + PyGame might work.

Im Not familiar with them languages which one would you recommend? :) 

i have my own indie house

C++/C#

i think you are better off using Game Maker Studio Pro and/or Unity for your project, and learn from there.

the reason why i suggested these two is: price and multi-target platform compilers.

my 2$

i have my own indie house

C++/C#

i think you are better off using Game Maker Studio Pro and/or Unity for your project, and learn from there.

the reason why i suggested these two is: price and multi-target platform compilers.

my 2$

Would you be interested in helping? 

Would you be interested in helping? 

i have already got several games in the making, and i am too busy to take on any extra coding/3D work.

BUT.......... if you need help, just ask. :D

i have already got several games in the making, and i am too busy to take on any extra coding/3D work.

BUT.......... if you need help, just ask. :D

Thanks anyway its a big help :) just need help finding a coder now :P

I'd love to be able to help someone with programming a game, but the most complicated program I've made was an assessment for my college work that was basically just an administration system. Haha. The only game I've ever made was a text only version of Mastermind. And that worked awesomely but it was rather easy.

BTW, they were both in Java. I'm doing my project for the same year as I type and that's in C#. I'm quite enjoying C# and I like having the ease of use with the forms and such. Why does programming have to take so much time to learn? Haha