Modding and Upgrading

MrWatch

I want to take out my drive cage in the front and move my res and pump somewhere else. I never had a good way of filling and draining my system, so I will also be installing a fill/drain port when I get the parts. I will be de-riveting the drive cage later tonight and receiving the missing parts to my upgrade later this week.

This was my computer before:

maHfM#6

I recently received a Gigabyte 7870, and found that the tubing going over the graphics card was kinking when I replaced the old GPU. Draining the loop has always been a pain before now, so I decided that I am going to implement a drain and fill port, and while I'm at it, redo the setup. I currently don't have the money to buy a waterblock for the GPU, but that'll come later on.

Pictures:

d8YKMh.jpg

JVeRdh.jpg

7e4cth.jpg

One problem I have is I don't know where to put the pump. I have a D5 pump, and I would like to put a 240 rad in the bottom eventually, and am unsure it'll fit near the power supply. Do ya'll have any suggestions? I'll also have the res on the bottom of the 5.25" bays, instead of inside.

My Rig:

• CPU: 1090T@4.1ghz
  • GPU: Gigabyte 7870
  • MOBO: Crosshair Formula V
  • RAM: 8GB 1333mhz
  • PSU: 650w corsair HX
  • SSD: 120GB Kingston HyperX
  • Sound card: Asus Xonar DX

The pump has to be below the res due to, when filling, the water needs to go to the pump asap. I also won't have any 3.5 bays anymore after I remove the entire drive cage.

My Rig:

The pump has to be below the res due to, when filling, the water needs to go to the pump asap. I also won't have any 3.5 bays anymore after I remove the entire drive cage.
Ok, could you attach it to the bottom of the 5.25 cage?

That's where my res is going to be, so I can't put the pump there. I might try, but I doubt it'll work.

My Rig:

Took out the drive cage

YrSlS.jpg

And installed my HDD in the top

XsX6E.jpg

I'm going to hide my SSD in the back so that it is easier on me in the long run.

My Rig:

You could cut the bot of the hdd cage and put the 240mm rad vertically. Then you could install the pump and the res at the bottom of the case, near the rad.