What are you working on?

Dragonflare

I've seen this type of thread on nearly every programming forum I've been on, so I figured it would be time to start up our own WAYWO.

Feel free to post anything about any projects you are working on, including pictures, video, snippets, or what have you!

I'm currently working on a few projects but only have this one that I can really show off:

I decided to hack an old NES controller for use over USB using an arduino. Yes I know that I have a big old board hanging off the back, but this is for prototyping, I can always pull the IC off and mount it in the controller itself.

Here is a quick video with my obnoxious voice giving you all a rundown  :lol:

http://youtu.be/EC6Y3m41FIg

If you don't have the time to watch the quick video, I made a simple controller class that has methods for handling the clock and strobe of the controller, as well as a method that returns a byte that holds the button information (only 8 buttons total, convenient!). I have defines for each of the buttons that I use in the loop function inside a series of 8 if statements that handles printing the button that is currently pressed. This is only temporary, as I need a way to check for multiple button presses. But alas, I am tired and will work on it tomorrow.

Again, feel free to post your own projects, or comment on other users projects and posts!  :)

Zephyr:

3770k (Stock clock) w/ Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R | 16GB DDR3 @ 2133Mhz | 2x Radeon HD 6950 (Reference, stock clock) | Asrock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional | Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200w | 60GB SSD Boot, 750GB HDD Media, 1TB HDD Programs

That's pretty neat! :)

I'm currently trying to teach myself some Perl. The intention is to program my website

in it once I'm fluent enough. Yes, I know, Perl isn't really as fashionable for web

projects as it used to be, but since my home planet is UNIX-like OS's, I will be able

to use my Perl knowledge for much more than just web programming.

I'm also working on a website for my dad's company in PHP (link, I hope it's ok to post this,

otherwise I won't be mad if a mod removes the link). Most of it is done, but there are still

some finishing touches missing, and I'll complete those over the summer (which will require

me to learn some proper javascript, if such a thing exists :lol: ). As for PHP, it's a simple

enough language, quite beginner friendly, especially if you're already familiar with C or C++

(which I am), and there's a ton of information out there (that's a bit trickier for Perl, there's

lots of info, but it's harder to find and digest), but I think it's important to broaden one's

horizons.

One of the things I like about Perl is that you can actually do functional programming. It wasn't

originally designed for it, but it is feasible and works quite well from what I've seen so far.

So yes, overall I'm currently working on broadening my horizons (I'm not a programmer by

profession, so this is mostly just out of curiosity, not really out of professional necessity). :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I'm currently studying for my Software Architecture and Design exam on Tuesday.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

I love the project idea, and arduino is definitely something I'd like to get involved with after seeing a housemate purchase a Raspberry Pi.

Currently too busy to work on anything with exams coming up, but after that I'm hoping to get learning Clojure, maybe advancing my Python a little and help out with the Clojure-py project.

I love your ghetto rubber band mount and this is an awesome project.

I am currently teaching myself HTML. I start a class on set, graph and number plus other math stuff that have applications to programming in a few weeks.

cool project you got there bud. im working on or rather should be working on this app for android.

Progress!  :D

Changed the way I handle checking input. Instead of just using an if statement to check to see if the byte returned by the controller is equal to one of my buttons, I am using a bitwise and to compare it to the button, and if it does not equal 0, then it prints the button. This fixes my problem with multiple buttons being pressed at one time.

Example:

Instead of using

if(state == B_A) {  Serial.print("A\n");}

I am using

if((state & B_A) != 0) {  Serial.print("A\n");}

Simple change making a huge step in functionality  :lol:

I plan on making an array of 8 bool values (Or boolean as arduino refers to them. Why make it longer, I mean seriously?) to store the state information, and adding defines such as

#define I_A 1#define I_B 2

to navigate it (I_A being index of A, and I_B being index of B etc.).

This way I can just do something like

if(state[I_A] == true) {  Serial.print("A\n");}

Might look un-needed now, but it will make things a lot easier down the road.

Thanks for the comments!  ^_^

I hope all of you that are studying for exams do well and can begin the hobby work again soon! I would love to see the kind of stuff all of you are waiting to work on.

Zephyr:

3770k (Stock clock) w/ Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R | 16GB DDR3 @ 2133Mhz | 2x Radeon HD 6950 (Reference, stock clock) | Asrock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional | Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200w | 60GB SSD Boot, 750GB HDD Media, 1TB HDD Programs

Currently I am working and a custom fan controller.

I have the software for an Arduino Uno done, i just need to come up with the electronics and write a program that will get the computer temps and set the fan speed to keep it under a limit. Although i don't know how well that will go.

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Currently working on my PHP and Javascript programming, just refining it by going through the courses at tutsplus.com (they are great by the way). But, hmm not really anything specific I am working on, which in a way is a good thing for me as I tend to jump the gun whenever I have a neat idea. 

I'm still at senior school, that's from age 11-16 in UK, and they don't offer any kind of programming, so I'm teaching myself JavaScript as I've already learnt HTML&CSS via code academy.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

im working on a exp brack and leveling system for a small game im working on, im also working on a 2.5D game for the Ouya

Character artist in the Games industry.

im working on a exp brack and leveling system for a small game im working on, im also working on a 2.5D game for the Ouya

How is development on the Ouya? It's an interesting platform but I don't know anybody that is working with it yet.

Zephyr:

How is development on the Ouya? It's an interesting platform but I don't know anybody that is working with it yet.

im working on a game for it like normal, i will figure out how to get a game on to it 1s i get one, shouldn't be to hard to do seeing as it is opensource

Character artist in the Games industry.