Replace Tubes of Antec Kuhler 620 (and 920)

Step one:
Remove the two screws and pull out the bards from the pump assembly, make sure to have a bucket ready to drain the fluid.
DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

Step two:
Take a knife or plastic cutters and cut lengthwise on the two retaining clamps on the Rad.
DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

Remove the pipe, you may have to pry it off with a screwdriver.
DSC_0025.JPG

Repeat for other side.
DSC_0026.JPG

Step Three
Do the same for the pump side but be much more careful as the bards are plastic and you don't want to break them.
DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

Step Four
Get some 1/4" I.D. tubing of your choice and cut it to the desired length.
Attached one side to the intake on the pump and one port on the rad and then the other tube to the pump output secured with whatever method pleases you (zip ties, hose clamps, etc.)

Step Five- Filling and bleeding
This is the tricky part. Get a container big enough to completely submerge your rad and fill it with you coolant.
Submerge the rad and wait for all of the bubbles to come up, move the rad around a bit. Have the pump out of the water with the output hose submerged.
DSC_0042.JPG

Fill up the tubing, I just sucked through the output and it pulled the water through, pouring water into the input works also. Turn the pump on and move it around. Wait for most of the big air bubbles to come out, the pump with be a bit noisy. Turn the pump of and let it sit a while. Turn it back on and repeat until all the bubbles are gone and the pump is near silent.

Connect the last unconnected hose to the port on the rad while it is still under water, this will ensure not more air enters the system.

Let it sit and dry off and then begin leak testing it before installing in your system.

Fin!

DSC_0043.JPG

If you do not wish to fill as shown above you can easily add a small res and fill like a normal watercooling system.

DSC_0042.JPG

It seems to me that these kinds of things are more trouble than they're worth. Unless I'm proven wrong

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

It is still a cool mod despite all the trouble you have to go through. I've seen a couple mods on AIO coolers so far on the forum. The only time I can see myself doing this is if I want better aesthetics but I would end up getting a custom loop instead of doing this,

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Temps are the same as originally. No leaks or problems to report after 2 months of 24/7. I did because I wanted to add a res, and eventually red tubing for aesthetics.

Nice mod.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

This would be great in a smaller system to improve aesthetics - removes the space requirements for the pump and the res  ;)