Single monitor upgradeable to dual stand/mount

DarkEcho

This might seem an odd idea, but basically I wondered if there was such a thing as a single monitor stand (preferably one of those vesa ones with an actual bottom but I won't mind if it's a desk clamp one) that has the potential to either upgrade to a dual setup OR the ability to hide part of it so it looks normal with just one monitor (can you center a regular dual one without it looking ugly??).

At the same time I would maybe like some recommendations for a sturdy mount I've done some digging but I can't yet find one that is both affordable and what I'm looking for. Something around £50 - £70 (sub $100) maybe.

point being that I hope to eventually upgrade to a dual setup. my current monitor stand is very flimsy indeed and my table isn't great either so I'm not sure I'd like to have two wobbly monitors on it  :P plus it looks sweet with the mounts..

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Oh so there is, costs an arm and a leg but there is such a thing  :P

I may have to just get one I can just disassemble partly rather than something as customisable as that.

Thanks anyway  :)

Im also interested finding a low cost dual monitor stand that isnt clipped on