Can the vibrations from your subwoofer damage internal pc parts?

Ryukyra

Hey guys,

So i've got a z623 from Logitech for quite a while and it just came to my mind if it could have damagaed anyhow the internal components of my custom pc.

I take good care of it every 2-3 months for maintenance against dust and anything else that happens, but it would be horrible if a mechanical drive would die because of the vibrations.

I don't usually fire them up so loud, but sometimes i just wanna get crazy and pump some electronic music to 70%, which makes my wardrobe on the other side of the room go nuts!

Soo yeah... It just came in my mind, i guess that normal internal parts such as flash chips shouldn't have any problem, still, I wouldn't mind having a confirmation by someone who understands things better than me.

My rig isn't going anywhere, it doesn't have wheels, the subwoofer is about half a meter away from the pc and i can feel a lot of vibrations under my desk when i turn up the volume :P

Thanks for the attention, hope this question wasn't that stupid haha

ofcourse (if your system is like this)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

depends on how much vibration. do plates and glasses rattle? if yes then yes if no then no it wont hurt anything

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

My old subwoofer was about the same distance from my main rig as yours. Haven't had any hard drive/hardware failures and I've been running that setup for around 2-3 years. 

Depending on the size of the subwoofer(doesn't matter in your situation) I wouldn't recommend sticking it way to close to hard drives since there's a huge magnet on the back of the speaker or whatever it's called. 

If you think your HDD is getting damaged, try this. Also if your case have rubber feet then I guess you're fine.

i have a pioneer subwoofer the same size as my full tower pc right next to it, everything shakes and things usually fall of my desk but i never even thought about the damage it might cause! thanks for this post :)

I7 2600k @ 4,5GHz - 16GB Kingston 1600Mhz RAM - Asus Sabertooth P67 - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - 2x Caviar Black 1TB - ADATA 80GB Boot SSD - Club3D 7870 XT - 42" Panasonic 3D Led TV - 22" Samsung SyncMaster