Three 1440x900 19" monitors or One 1920x1080 23" ?

Hey guys, I can't decide which to get. My job will be getting rid of some 19" monitors soon, so I'm wondering if to pick up 3 or just buy 1 1080p. Help... I play on 1680x1050 now, if that matters.

I don't normally post on forums, but when I do... that was it.

Are you going to be doing stuff like for example, editing? If so 2 monitors will be more then enough tbh. Otherwise I'd just stick to a single monitor. A second monitor is always nice to have though I'm not gonna lie :p

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Depends what you prefer. I would personally prefer the large amount of screen space you get with three screens over only slightly bigger res screen. If you do a lot of multitasking, 3 screens. If you want to have a lot of space and have several windows open on full-screen, 3 screens. If you really want 1080, buy the 1080p.

1920X1080 I quite honestly use a 1920X1080 Television and a small 17 inch monitor just so I can browse the forum while on youtube or gaming 

Personally, I don't like 19" widescreen monitors, because they are pretty small, compared to a 24" one. Now if your gaming on three 19" you will most of the time just look at the monitor in the middle. Thus although you have the other too monitors in your peripheral view you're focusing on the small middle one. 

I would just buy a nice 24" IPS pannel! Can't go wrong with that.

Personally, I don't like 19" widescreen monitors, because they are pretty small, compared to a 24" one. Now if your gaming on three 19" you will most of the time just look at the monitor in the middle. Thus although you have the other too monitors in your peripheral view you're focusing on the small middle one. 

I would just buy a nice 24" IPS pannel! Can't go wrong with that.

I get what you're saying about only focusing on the middle but some games for example Trine let you see really far ahead which is really cool :-)

Depends what you prefer. I would personally prefer the large amount of screen space you get with three screens over only slightly bigger res screen. If you do a lot of multitasking, 3 screens. If you want to have a lot of space and have several windows open on full-screen, 3 screens. If you really want 1080, buy the 1080p.

Yea I do a lot of multitasking and keep lots of windows open. But my real reason for considering 3 monitors is I wanna try eyefinity :D

Do you guys think it's worth it?

Are you going to be doing stuff like for example, editing? If so 2 monitors will be more then enough tbh. Otherwise I'd just stick to a single monitor. A second monitor is always nice to have though I'm not gonna lie :p

Not editing just a lot of gaming

Yea I do a lot of multitasking and keep lots of windows open. But my real reason for considering 3 monitors is I wanna try eyefinity :D

Do you guys think it's worth it?

Hm... 19 inch might be a little too narrow for eyefinity, but that is probably also just a matter of getting used to it. If you wanna give it a try, I'd say go ahead and if it's not your thing, game on one monitor, keep the others for anything else you like doing in the meantime. Also, what are your specs? 

I would say get the 1920x1080 screen, if you plan on gaming. Eyefinity isn't that great in most games, and you will need crossfire to get even a moderately good frame rate, so unless you actually have crossfire already, you will end up spending more trying to run games.

I would say get the 1920x1080 screen, if you plan on gaming. Eyefinity isn't that great in most games, and you will need crossfire to get even a moderately good frame rate, so unless you actually have crossfire already, you will end up spending more trying to run games.

Agreed. If you're really into gaming I'd argue you'd end up enjoying a single high-res monitor more than 3 medium-res ones.

However, you could do something like this...GTX680-Surround-AccessoryDisplay-Skyrim.

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

Hm... 19 inch might be a little too narrow for eyefinity, but that is probably also just a matter of getting used to it. If you wanna give it a try, I'd say go ahead and if it's not your thing, game on one monitor, keep the others for anything else you like doing in the meantime. Also, what are your specs?

My specs:

Phenom II x4 965 BE @3.4ghz

8GB ddr3

Xfx 7970

Foxconn a7da-s 3.0 790gx

250gb Samsung 840

2x 1tb wd hdds

Ocz 600w

My specs:

Phenom II x4 965 BE @3.4ghz

8GB ddr3

Xfx 7970

Foxconn a7da-s 3.0 790gx

250gb Samsung 840

2x 1tb wd hdds

Ocz 600w

A 7970 will handle most things you throw at it, even in eyefinity, very well. For 60+ fps, you'll probably need to turn some AAA games down to medium, but it will pretty much any game at 40-45 and above in eyefinity on high settings. 

A 7970 will handle most things you throw at it, even in eyefinity, very well. For 60+ fps, you'll probably need to turn some AAA games down to medium, but it will pretty much any game at 40-45 and above in eyefinity on high settings.

Sweet! What if I went 3x 1080p... 0.0 plz don't answer that, don't have the money... begone temptation!

one monitor is enough imo. despite the simplistic of my desktop, it's also reduce the radiation when I use it for a long time

Sweet! What if I went 3x 1080p... 0.0 plz don't answer that, don't have the money... begone temptation!

That is of course optimum but yeah, €300 minimum investment right there for 3 1080p screens.