Headset Mic not working

Hello i'm having problems with my new Razer Kraken Pro headset i got a couple of days ago, whenever I try to use the mic on skype it refuses to work. I'm using a sound card a Asus xonar DG, I made sure the headset was plugged into the back correctly and the card picks it up but when i speak nothing goes through. 

I have tried messing with settings in the sound manager and in the actual sound card software but no luck. So far the option Line In works but it's way to quite and there is no way to further turn up the volume and it's strange because the first day i had my headset it was working through the Microphone option but now it won't. Sorry I know this is a bit long but any help is appreciated! >.< 

Specs 

Asrock Z68 pro3 gen3

Intel Core i5 2500k 

Samsung 840 Pro 128G SSD

Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC

Asus Xonar DG 5.1 

Seagate Barracuda 500G

Corsair HX750w 80+ Gold

Kingston Hyperx 4x2 8GB kit

Have you gone into your skype audio settings a made sure that skype is using the microphone line in on your sound card? Very basic but you did not mention that you have checked this so thought i might float it out there... 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Yes I did sorry I forgot to mention that.

Yes I did sorry I forgot to mention that.

does the mic work absolutely fine with your on-board audio. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

No but like i said it works with The In Line option but it's really quiet.

Oh and if you guys need me to screen shot anything i can

show me your recording tab please under your sound options

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

show me your recording tab please under your sound options

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

try the wave output or the stereo mix output.  I have to use the stereo mix to get game sound to record with my voice, for instance.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

try the wave output or the stereo mix output.  I have to use the stereo mix to get game sound to record with my voice, for instance.

oh ok i will let you know then

oh ok i will let you know then

oh and you need to set them as default to enable them

oh ok haha i was wondering about that

Well it didn't work sadly 

Well it didn't work sadly 

>Connector: Analog 3.5 mm combined jack (headphone and mic)

OHHHHH it's got a TRSS or w/e connector.  You'll need a splitter in order to seperate the audio and mic channels.

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-MUYHSFMM-Headset-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B0058DOWH6/ref=pd_sim_e_4

duh.  I really need to check what these suckers use for connectors, sorry.

>Connector: Analog 3.5 mm combined jack (headphone and mic)

OHHHHH it's got a TRSS or w/e connector.  You'll need a splitter in order to seperate the audio and mic channels.

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-MUYHSFMM-Headset-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B0058DOWH6/ref=pd_sim_e_4

duh.  I really need to check what these suckers use for connectors, sorry.

xD it's ok but yeah it came with those 

• 4 weeks later...

How did you fix it if I may ask since I have had this same problem for a very long time.

How did you fix it if I may ask since I have had this same problem for a very long time.

He needed a splitter to split the mic and headphone connections on his headset.  They run through the same 3.5mm cable with 4 contacts instead of 3.  It's called a TRSS connector.

Oh i just got it to work :D thanks for the help guys

Hey man, can you tell me how you fixed it? I have the same problem as you but can't find an answer anywhere...and the solution is not the TRSS connector because the headset came with one of those already.

Hey man, can you tell me how you fixed it? I have the same problem as you but can't find an answer anywhere...and the solution is not the TRSS connector because the headset came with one of those already.

So what's wrong? Even with the splitter, you don't get anything out of the microphone?

Not nothing, but extremely low. The same splitter with the same headset works fine on other computers but not the VIA sound cards that come with ASUS G series laptops. I know I could buy an external sound card and fix the issue but I was hoping I wouldn't have to spend any more money on it...it's already a fairly expensive headset. Someone said they fixed the issue before but didn't mention how, do u guys know how i looked all over the internets...no solution posted anywhere.

Not nothing, but extremely low. The same splitter with the same headset works fine on other computers but not the VIA sound cards that come with ASUS G series laptops. I know I could buy an external sound card and fix the issue but I was hoping I wouldn't have to spend any more money on it...it's already a fairly expensive headset. Someone said they fixed the issue before but didn't mention how, do u guys know how i looked all over the internets...no solution posted anywhere.

ok, you might need to turn up the levels of the microphone in the sound properties under the recording tab.

Done all that. Turned everything to max but still incredibly low. I think the solution would be if I could find a different driver or sound controller for the sound card but I'm not sure if Realtek or anything else would work with a VIA card.

Done all that. Turned everything to max but still incredibly low. I think the solution would be if I could find a different driver or sound controller for the sound card but I'm not sure if Realtek or anything else would work with a VIA card.

your laptop doesn't have an integrated microphone array you are using by accident, does it?  Post your recording tab for me.