AMD RamDisk! your thoughts,in here!

has any one use AMD ramdisk and if yes please post results here as of pc boot time,game load time,read and write speeds,etc..

has any one use AMD ramdisk and if yes please post results here as of pc boot time,game load time,read and write speeds,etc..

You can't run a Ramdisk as a boot drive, as memory is dumped onto HDD after computer is shutdown. 

If you haven't watched this video, it shows the speeds achievable buy using a RAMDISK.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

You cannot boot your OS from a Ramdisk!

Game load times will be fast but you will have to install the whole game on the RAMDISK which is not possible until you have a large RAM disk.

Read and write speeds are in the 4 digit range!( MBps)..very fast>>>>>>>>>>>>>

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

I never will, they aren't anything good in my opinion.

Just buy an SSD for a few bucks.

Price of 8GB ram = a 500/500 SSD.

The practical use is as a cache for and SSD. I ran a 16Gb (so fairly large) RAMdisk for about 4 months and never used it once. The only reason for it was the 10,000 mb/s read/write speeds that where bragging rights.

If I recall correctly, one of my friends ran League of Legends on his RamDisk because he didn't have an SSD. It improved his load times... but he still had to wait for everyone else anyway. I agree with the caching answer mentioned above.

In addition, it will make your boot time slow. As you'll have to wait the several GB of files to be transferred from your HDD to your RAMDisk.