[SOLVED] Constant BSOD under load, different error codes

Synatec
Go to solution Solved by Synatec,

[SOLVED]

I ran MemTest86, which obviously gave me over 18k errors before aborting itself. I then tried running only 1 stick, my system didn't post. I swapped the modules and it worked like a charm, 1 of my RAM modules is faulty. 

To fix a similar issue do the following:

1. Run Windows Memory Diagnostic

2. Run MemTest86 (Download it onto a USB and boot from the USB, tutorial on their website)

3. Diagnose which module it is.

4. Run your system with 1 module installed and run the tests again. Do this again for the other module.

5. RMA your RAM if it is faulty, check your retailers website for warranty returns or the manufacturers website.

Special thanks to @boggy77& @cr8tor

Appreciate you two a lot, thanks for your time.

When playing any games, and sometimes when not playing a game at all but just browsing fixes for this issue, I get a BSOD. There have been like 10 different error codes so far and I am just lost, I have no idea what to even try at this point and I am about to RMA my entire PC part by part. It usually happens when I play a game, I would in this case run a Benchmark test for F1 2020 and it would give me a BSOD with different codes everytime. I have taken pictures of a few, which can be found below. It also occured playing CS:GO and Phasmophobia, so it is not a game issue.

All my drivers are up to date, my BIOS version is F31b (Gigabyte X570 Gaming X) and my windows version is Windows 10 Pro Build 1903 (I downgraded from 2004 due to people getting BSOD from that, it didn't fix it)

Specs:

- Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X

- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

- CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4

- GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC

- RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200Mhz 2x8GB

- Drives: 500GB Samsung 970 Evo & 1TB WD Blue SATA SSD

- PSU: Corsair RM 750X (750Watt)

- Fans: 2x 140mm CoolerMaster MF140R & 2x 120mm CoolerMaster MF120R

Some photos of the BSODs

MiniDumps are attached, so is PERFMON.

List of stuff I have tried without succes:

- Updating BIOS

- Reinstalling Windows

- Memtest

- OCCT

- Disk Scan

- Updating drivers

- Reinstalling drivers

- Turning off fast boost

- I have tried so much that I don't remember it all, I will edit the post if I can think of more.

MiniDump.rar

PERFMON.rar

41 minutes ago, Synatec said:

F31b

update to f31d

make sure ram is in slots 2 and 4.

is xmp enabled?

20 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

update to f31d

is xmp enabled?

Updating now

RAM are in correct slots, XMP right now is disabled but I had the same issues with it enabled.

1 hour ago, boggy77 said:

update to f31d

is xmp enabled?

BIOS Update didn't resolve it.

What was interesting however is that when I ran the benchmark with XMP off, it worked completely fine. Then I went to turn XMP on, and the benchmark gave me a BSOD. When I then turned it off again and ran it again, it first crashed the game letting me send a report the the developers of the game and then it just turned off my PC. My windows had to restore itself.

2 minutes ago, Synatec said:

BIOS Update didn't resolve it.

What was interesting however is that when I ran the benchmark with XMP off, it worked completely fine. Then I went to turn XMP on, and the benchmark gave me a BSOD. When I then turned it off again and ran it again, it first crashed the game letting me send a report the the developers of the game and then it just turned off my PC. My windows had to restore itself.

the xmp might not be stable in your case. make sure that when you enable xmp, the dram voltage is set to 1.35.

you can also try to set SOC voltage to 1.1 and see if that helps.

1 hour ago, Synatec said:

F31

also, did you use to have issues with the older bios as well?

this is a bios meant to support ryzen 5000 series and many people had issues with it when running the 3000 series. some people solved it by going back to an older bios

5 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

the xmp might not be stable in your case. make sure that when you enable xmp, the dram voltage is set to 1.35.

you can also try to set SOC voltage to 1.1 and see if that helps.

This was already set to this, and it doesn't let me change it. It is greyed out, even if I put it on Manual.

I don't see SOC voltage anywhere, I am not that familiar with Gigabyte BIOS

5 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

also, did you use to have issues with the older bios as well?

this is a bios meant to support ryzen 5000 series and many people had issues with it when running the 3000 series. some people solved it by going back to an older bios

Good point, I didn't actually. I had an issue where my drives would disappear in an older BIOS so I updated it. I'll try that now!

4 minutes ago, Synatec said:

Good point, I didn't actually. I had an issue where my drives would disappear in an older BIOS so I updated it. I'll try that now!

try F21

26 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

try F21

Didn't go well, it didn't want to boot into windows for a while. When it finally did, windows froze and I had to turn off the PSU for it to work. I then had to go back to a recover point.

I am going to try to run the benchmark now

46 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

try F21

Didn't work. I do however have a different error code now. See below.

2n3lNqn.png

It keeps also corrupting my windows, forcing me to go back to a recover point.

5 minutes ago, Synatec said:

Didn't work. I do however have a different error code now. See below.

2n3lNqn.png

It keeps also corrupting my windows, forcing me to go back to a recover point.

not sure what you can try. try to repair windows from a usb windows installation stick?

1 hour ago, boggy77 said:

not sure what you can try. try to repair windows from a usb windows installation stick?

I have just found out the company I ordered my motherboard from sent me the Rev 1.1 board when the website said 1.0. I have installed drivers under the 1.0 support tab and not 1.1. I am currently on a fresh windows install and will try this now, I doubt this will have much difference but it is definitely worth a shot. 

47 minutes ago, Synatec said:

I have just found out the company I ordered my motherboard from sent me the Rev 1.1 board when the website said 1.0. I have installed drivers under the 1.0 support tab and not 1.1. I am currently on a fresh windows install and will try this now, I doubt this will have much difference but it is definitely worth a shot. 

Still getting BSOD. 

Is my motherboard faulty?

1 minute ago, Synatec said:

Still getting BSOD. 

Is my motherboard faulty?

It can be motherboard, cpu, storage or ram, it's difficult to say. Did you install the correct bios for rev 1.1?

41 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

It can be motherboard, cpu, storage or ram, it's difficult to say. Did you install the correct bios for rev 1.1?

I did and I am still getting errors... 

Do I just RMA everything? I don't really know what to do here... I've contacted Gigabyte support but I doubt they'll be able to help me any better than you already did

5 hours ago, boggy77 said:

0Wz82zL.jpeg

So yeah, this means my RAM is bad right? Did not expect this... I'll look into removing 1 stick tommorow, its midnight and time for bed.

Really appreciate your help so far!

[SOLVED]

I ran MemTest86, which obviously gave me over 18k errors before aborting itself. I then tried running only 1 stick, my system didn't post. I swapped the modules and it worked like a charm, 1 of my RAM modules is faulty. 

2. Run MemTest86 (Download it onto a USB and boot from the USB, tutorial on their website)

4. Run your system with 1 module installed and run the tests again. Do this again for the other module.

5. RMA your RAM if it is faulty, check your retailers website for warranty returns or the manufacturers website.

3 hours ago, Synatec said:

[SOLVED]

glad to hear you've figured it out. hope it will work with new ram