Opinions on XCLIO STABLEPOWER PSU's?

Strhopper

Buying this on Wed. for my current "under construction" build. Never used this brand before so what do you guys think?

here is a link

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817189027

I like it because of the price and 100% fully modular. the fully modular is the key though since I will be sleeving the wires.

Hm, seems goods, it's manufacturer is Enhance and it has some pretty positive reviews.

SilverStone Strider Plus 750w runs the same price roughly and is also fully modular. Personally I've never heard of that brand so i'd be wary.

Just curious; what made you decide you needed 750w?

that seemed to be the best value for the wattage. Also left plenty of juice for crossfire later down the road

The Strider Plus is such a good power supply(my friend just put one in his build), if i'ts a similar price, I'd go with it.

Thanks but it's not fully modular.

It's non negotiable, has to be 100% modular.

edit: also there are a lot of bad reviews

What is the reason, do you not plan on using the 24 pin somehow? Anyway don't use junk as the life-blood of all your components. If you truly want full modularity, and the need 750W... then do yourself a solid protect your equipment and spend a little more money.

This is the best I could find that is within reason of the price of the other.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151102

need full modular since I will be attempting sleeving for the first time.

The brand gets good reviews. It doesn't seem to be a "junk" brand

that one looks good but is still $30 more

On a budget here, so That's just out of my range

also I stated most of this in the OP ;-)

You can sleeve non modular power supplies. Please don't get the powersupply you linked, stick with reliable power supplies. The last thing you want to do is put that as the most important part of your system. Also you can't trust newegg reviews, if a review isn't from a trust website, don't trust it.

Stick with Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, XFX, PC Power and Cooler, and Silverstone. Coolermaster and OCZ also make some decent PSUs.

Why do you need full modular just because you are sleeving?

I'm just going to get it. I trust the users at overclock.net

I was just looking for any alternatives or anyone with actual bad things to say about this brand, not the usual "hey it doesn't say corsair"

I don't trust anything I can't find a legit review on, just because someone on some forum said it was good, that is too important piece of the computer for me to just say "well these forum members said it was ok". It might be a good unit, but the fact I can't find any legit review sites on it, would make me spend 30 dollars more on something else.

Not the same model makes a difference, I recall that specifically with a 1000 and 720?w version of an old OCZ psu, when the smaller version was junk . Also I have never once heard of that website, lol. I'm talking JohnnyGuru, Techpowerup, HardwareCanucks, AnAndTech, Guru3D, HardOCP, HardwareSecrets, KitGuru. Again I'm not saying its not a good unit, I'm saying from my research I found 1) that is wasn't popular/good enough for the big boys to review it, 2) no trusted websites that I know of reviewed it, 3) the PSU is arguably the most important part of the computer, and just not something I would buy without a very trusted sources backing it.

It was released at the first of 2012, and yes it's not a big name so the"big boys" aren't going to be in any hurry to review it.

you recommend OCZ

Enhance is the manufacture, which I've heard of them before.

I get what you're saying but to me the value is just to hard to ignore. To me worth the risk.

Again I just want to hear from anyone that has personal experience from this brand

If nobody has that's fine. I've already read others experiences over at Overclock.net

It was released at the first of 2012' date=' and yes it's not a big name so the"big boys" aren't going to be in any hurry to review it. [/quote']

Thats a long time to go without a review, and that's not true. JohnyGuru (the most trusted PSU reviewer, out there) does off-name stuff all the time, if they find it worth it. Recent example..

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=327

okay, so where you going with this? Again it's worth the risk just due to the value. To me

You have nothing bad or good to say about the brand right. I get it.

This isn't my first rodeo. I'm almost 30 yrs old. I've got almost 10 years of building computers under my belt.. I know all the supposed "golden rules".

If that is your concern, don't worry I know what I'm doing

No reason do get all defensive about it, we are here to help. If you are so knowledgeable and tech savvy you should have no problem sleeving a simple 24 pin connector, its not hard at all. My first unit I sleeved was non-modular entirely at all and I had no idea what I was doing. Took a while though and the shrink wrap came out -terribly- but it had nothing to do with the fact it wasn't modular. There, you just saved a bunch of money and can get a much higher quality unit for much cheaper.

I'm not getting defensive it just seems we are going around in circles.

I never said I was so knowledgeable and teck savy. I just said I have experience.

And sleeving clearly isn't part of PC building 101. It's completely for aesthetics.

I would assume sleeving a modular would be easier. I may be wrong since I've never done that before