How to speed up Blender sequence render

I recorded a 20 minute gameplay video but wanted to simply cut off the first 10 minutes. I looked for a free video editor as the Windows built in one is trash.
I stumbled upon Blender and it's secondary function being able to cut videos.

Now here's my problem: 
It takes Blender 3 hours to render the remaining 10 minutes of footage. Now if my system were just slow I'd be okay with that. But Blender is only using up to 50% CPU usage, under 2GB of RAM and no GPU usage at all.
Changing the render engines doesn't do anything.
Changing the cycles render devices doesn't do anything.

So is this normal behaviour when rendering a video? Or are there some settings I have to tweak? 

Or am I just using the wrong tool for the job? 

Blender is primarily a tool for creating 3D animations/movies. I'd say it's not really the best choice for cutting videos.

You could try ffmpeg. Some operations can be done without having to re-encode the video, which should be pretty much instant.

ffmpeg -ss 00:10:00 -to 00:20:00 -i <input> -c copy <output>

This should result in a video that starts at the 10 minute mark and ends at the 20 minute mark of the original video. The "copy" option means that the operation is done without re-encoding the video. There's a ton of additional options, e.g. in case you want to re-encode the video with a better codec to reduce its size etc.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

DL Link in Descripto
Free and it Works (Simple to use). (Please make sure video codecs on system are updated or are available for the file you want to open)

Or the above comment for DavinciResolveFree

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz